No announcement yet.

Myth Buster: Timothy Bradley Needs PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    After the first 3 I listed who else is there?
    Let's assume he gets by those 3, who knows who will emerge by the time that happens? He could have a better option than Canelo. Maybe not financially but a more "safe" fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Algieri fought Pacquaio (granted he got clobbered) that makes him a player in the division like it or not. Anyone who fought Manny or Floyd instantly became a player in the division. Hell Rios woulda been less legit for Bradley to be happy about beating if he hadn't had fought Manny. Didn't say it was a super fight or anything.

When has anyone made all the best fights all at once? That formula with how boxing works today doesn't really or no one has shown it to work anyway.

I know the UFC puts the best fights on every month that they can make & even they were like WTF about making Rondy Rousey vs Miesha Tate III when Rousey has already beat her ass twice.

Or in boxing you get Tyson's reign for the 2 or less years post winning the HBO tournament that was a huge drought & boring to watch & you get Ward's reign after the Super 6 tournament that was a huge drought & boring to watch. There is something to be said for building up specific matchups & not weeding out everyone except the "one" in any division. Arum & King are the most successful promoters in the business & they've never worked that way (or at least a 2nd time for King post-the HBO tournament). Why would PBC wanna work that way?

Loma took down $750k iirc for that fringe contender guy. Think Kovalev knocked down about that much for that pizza delivery man he KTFO. GGG's been getting around a mill or more & has less PPV sales than Lara has (granted Lara was the B side to Canelo, but still). I believe he made $2M for Lemieux & I think I'd give Zaveck about as much of a chance to upset Lara as Lemieux had to upset GGG.
      You make some valid points but Algieri still isn't a huge fight. Using your theory his fight coming on Sho Extreme would qualify as a big fight since he fought Manny. Rios has the Alvarado trilogy to make his fight vs Bradley bigger than Khan vs Algieri was.

I also wouldn't compare the at the time reigning IBF middleweight champion in a unification fight as being equal as a way past his prime Zaveck who's prime for whatever it was worth was a division lower.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        You make some valid points but Algieri still isn't a huge fight.
        For a 2nd time I never said it was a "huge fight". I said it was a fight between players in the division. Khan is obviously a player with him being on Floyd's shortlist for like a year. And Algieri had a PPV fight with the 2nd biggest name in boxing.

Using your theory his fight coming on Sho Extreme would qualify as a big fight since he fought Manny.
        Again I think you are misunderstanding me. I never said big fight. I said a fight between players in the division.

You are on some PBC big fight thing that I'm not really talking about. I'm talking about people that matter at 147. Algieri matters at 147 or at least he mattered going into the fight with Khan. I think its less arguable he's a player now.

So nah the fight vs Erick Bone doesn't matter, but even if it did Bone isn't a player so it wouldn't count. Noticed I mentioned Thurman vs Guerrero as a fight between players in the division earlier, but didn't mention Thurman vs Collazo. Cuz Collazo don't matter @ 147 (unless he woulda between Thurman obviously).

Rios has the Alvarado trilogy to make his fight vs Bradley bigger than Khan vs Algieri was.
        LOL no clue why you are so into Algieri's status so hard. There's all sorts of ways to become a player in the division. Ortiz was a player post-KO L to Floyd with basically only a Berto W before that. That cat got dancing shows off of the Floyd fight.

I also wouldn't compare the at the time reigning IBF middleweight champion in a unification fight as being equal as a way past his prime Zaveck who's prime for whatever it was worth was a division lower.
        Whats dick measuring resumes got to do with it lol, I'm talking about money like you were. I'm saying GGG had as much chance to lose to his PPV opponent for $2M as Lara has losing to his ESPN opponent for $1M or Loma had losing to his HBO undercard opponent for $750k.

Their all getting free money basically so they all should feel equally entitled to fight unending no chance opposition or whatever you were trying to suggest with your original point about PBC fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          By the time his deal is up he will be past prime and just a name. He needs the big fights RIGHT NOW and the 4 biggest fights out there for him: Brook, Khan, Pac and Canelo are all makeable.
          I'd love to see him against Cotto too, something that I have wanted to see for a couple of years. I think it would be very exciting fight

Comment

It's too bad TR can't trade Bradley to the PBC for LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              For a 2nd time I never said it was a "huge fight". I said it was a fight between players in the division. Khan is obviously a player with him being on Floyd's shortlist for like a year. And Algieri had a PPV fight with the 2nd biggest name in boxing.

Again I think you are misunderstanding me. I never said big fight. I said a fight between players in the division.

You are on some PBC big fight thing that I'm not really talking about. I'm talking about people that matter at 147. Algieri matters at 147 or at least he mattered going into the fight with Khan. I think its less arguable he's a player now.

So nah the fight vs Erick Bone doesn't matter, but even if it did Bone isn't a player so it wouldn't count. Noticed I mentioned Thurman vs Guerrero as a fight between players in the division earlier, but didn't mention Thurman vs Collazo. Cuz Collazo don't matter @ 147 (unless he woulda between Thurman obviously).

LOL no clue why you are so into Algieri's status so hard. There's all sorts of ways to become a player in the division. Ortiz was a player post-KO L to Floyd with basically only a Berto W before that. That cat got dancing shows off of the Floyd fight.

Whats dick measuring resumes got to do with it lol, I'm talking about money like you were. I'm saying GGG had as much chance to lose to his PPV opponent for $2M as Lara has losing to his ESPN opponent for $1M or Loma had losing to his HBO undercard opponent for $750k.

Their all getting free money basically so they all should feel equally entitled to fight unending no chance opposition or whatever you were trying to suggest with your original point about PBC fighters.
              Not really Lara is a bigger underdog than GGG. Lemieux at least had a punchers chance. Zaveck is shot and past his prime and Lemieux is probably better than Zaveck was even in his prime.

Comment

Bradley has made well over $24M since 2011, far more than any other WW during that stretch besides Floyd and Manny. A Canelo fight will likely earn him somewhere in the neighborhood of $4-5M, and win or lose he can still fight guys like Sadam Ali for $2M.

Bradley is an example of a fighter who has already accomplished everything, and is now at the tail end of his career collecting big checks while still managing to fight big named fighters.

Thurman, Porter and all the other PBC "superstars" need to get on Bradley's level first. They have to fight their way to him just like Bradley fought his way to Pacquiao and Marquez, because their resumes combined don't even equal Bradley's.

Comment

PAC and canelo fights are a waste of time. He doesn't need pbc for his bank account. But he does for his legacy. Beating rios and Vargas do nothing for him

Comment

That is the glass half full view and Bradley has earned his spot so in some respects he doesn't have to do a damn thing.

At 147 he ain't close to being the man though and beating Brook isn't making him the man either because brook has as much to prove as the PBC guys same with Khan if you want to be honest about it.

If he wants to be the man at 147 he needs to fight the PBC guys point blank, he can make money and do whatever but there are guy he likely can't beat on the other side of the street. If there are guys out there that people think you can't beat you aren't really the man regardless of what a list says.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Not really Lara is a bigger underdog than GGG. Lemieux at least had a punchers chance. Zaveck is shot and past his prime and Lemieux is probably better than Zaveck was even in his prime.
                      Okay I guess you are right in the literal sense.

Looking at the 5 dimes odds looks like GGG was a -1600 favorite, Lara is about a -6000 favorite with a couple weeks til the fight & Loma was a -14000 favorite, but basically they are all huge favorites for the level of fight they were/are in & lets be real there isn't a lot of -1600 PPV headliner fighters, -6000 ESPN headliner fighters or -14000 HBO undercard fighters you are trying to bet against or expecting to win money on if you do bet against if are a betting man. And they are being paid according for their low risk fights, $2M, $1M & $750k respectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X