No announcement yet.

Purpose of the speed bag and double end bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose of the speed bag and double end bag

I joined a boxing gym 6 months ago, and at first mainly used the gym to try to workout, but I actually liked training for boxing. So routines i dont understand, what does working on a speed bag and double end bag do?

Originally posted by ladytina View Post
    I joined a boxing gym 6 months ago, and at first mainly used the gym to try to workout, but I actually liked training for boxing. So routines i dont understand, what does working on a speed bag and double end bag do?
    Rhythm, timing, speed. Some may argue, very few of our boxers actually "train" on the speed bag. Mostly just hit it for fun.

Comment

i think the speedbag is mostly for timing and building muscle in your shoulder area.

double end bag is for timing as well

Comment

Double-end is fantastic four timing, hitting at odd angles, etc. Speed bag mostly works the shoulders, helps you get those arms up for long periods, and involves a little hand-eye though most people end up listening to the speed bag, not watching it. You can also use the speed bag for many other drills.
        I really like to use speed and DE bags between other, more intense exercises. Helps you keep your cardio going without killing yourself.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

The speed bag some people love it and some just don't use it.
          I like the double end bag for my guys here is a video i did on it.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbS3JHgtXac

Comment

Working...
          X