Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...not sure.
    It did tickle me a bit.

Comment

Now Disney have worked wonders with a Marvel universe that was reeling from Spiderman 3, X Men Last Stand, anything involving the Fantastic 4 and the incomprehensibly awful Wolverine movie. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. But...

The same things that seem cool in this trailer are the things that seemed cool about the Fuck-ton Menace. Bright computer graphics, stupidly designed lightsabers, fucking Tatooine again.

I watch with a small measure of dread.

Comment

The good thing about the movie is the old cast is still here.

Comment

I wonder who this is. Also, his lightsaber has a laser hilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
            his lightsaber has a laser hilt.

Comment

Star Wars... it's just kid's movies, innit? Fun, but... not really in discussion of truly great films.

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
                Star Wars... it's just kid's movies, innit? Fun, but... not really in discussion of truly great films.
                I don't know, I recently watched the original cut of the first two films and there's quite a lot of substance.

The first one was a gritty western, a prison escape and a World War II movie in one. It's really quite brilliant until George F. Lucas decided to turn it into a minstrel show of computer animated puppetry.

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
                  noted... though i think people see these not as mere films, but a modern mythology with pseudo-campbell elements mated with kurosawa influences and CGI genius...

mix those together, and you have these films... IV and V i thought were good...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    I bet the story is going to suck bollocks.
                    imagine if Christopher Nolan was directing this, I bet he would make it ****ing epic and dark.

Comment

Cheesy. Disney is ****ing up everything. If Disney ever buys DC comics, then every superhero movies in the foreseeable future will suck.

Comment

Working...
                      X