Manny Pacquiao: 'Serious negotiations' for Mayweather fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao: 'Serious negotiations' for Mayweather fight

From SI.com:

"Manny Pacquiao said on Friday there are "serious negotiations" ongoing between Floyd Mayweather's camp and Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, for a $300 million fight in 2015, Martin Domin of the Daily Mail reported.

The welterweight champions have been unable to come to an agreement on a fight numerous times in the past.

The 35-year-old Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38 KOs) and 37-year-old Mayweather (46-0, 26 KOs) are considered two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. The fight is expected to be the richest in history.

Bob Arum: Floyd Mayweather values perfect record 'more than life itself'

Pacquiao said the fight would be "probably for next year," and Arum recently said there could be two fights between them in 2015.

"All signs seem to point to a first fight early next year," Arum said.

Pacquiao's comments came during a press tour to promote his fight with Chris Algieri in November.

Pacquiao has said he plans to retire in 2016 to devote his time to politics in his native Philippines.

Mayweather, who has a rematch with Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas next Saturday, has three fights left on a six-fight, $200 million deal with Showtime, with the last two fights expected to be in May and September of next year, according to the Daily Mail.

Floyd Mayweather sued by former fiancée

- Chris Mascaro"

http://www.si.com/boxing/2014/09/06/...yweather-fight

wow!!
    after all cotto-canelo might be a good way to put pressure ... i hope we get it even if it means to get cotto-canelo on a different date...

Comment

I call bull****!! How could they be in 'serious negotiations' and they both have fights coming up. Shouldn't they be in 'serious training' mode?

Comment

I posted this like 2 times and mods kept deleting it lol. anyways I hope this fight finally comes through. cotto-canelo will be the reason why the fight will finally happen

Comment

Originally posted by Kadena View Post
          I posted this like 2 times and mods kept deleting it lol. anyways I hope this fight finally comes through. cotto-canelo will be the reason why the fight will finally happen
          exactly, too much ego from floyd to let somebody else take over the mexican dates..

Comment

im pretty sure Showtime/HBO are discussing it. However that doesnt mean the Mayweather camp is directly in "negotiations".

Showtime has an obligation to try to put this together and they are probably going to present Floyd with this as an option.

Floyd will reject the fight as he always has.

Comment

I have never had such a love/hate relationship with a potential fight, as I have with this one. I do believe it will happen though! Floyd has to produce for his own ego, even if it means losing his sacred "0"! Then it'll be a damn trilogy!

Comment

The negotiations woulda been serious in two thousand damn ten. It's 2014 and both of you have fights ahead and as far as I'm concerned neither are gimme fights no matter what they say. That does not lend itself to a serious negotiation of any kind.

Comment

I keep telling the local *****s. Judgement day is inevitable. Too much $ not too.

Comment

Working...
                  X