Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Interesting comparison,with Khan and Lopez...
    Khan and Lopez still have some room to grow, but they've become so reliant on their strengths (Juanma = power and Khan = speed) that completely ignore their glaring weaknesses. Khan hasn't hit rock-bottom yet to me, it's just that his level of opposition is no joke. He needs to lose to a guy like Guzman, a veteran who's been overlooked because of his weight problems, a guy who seems to be on the tail-end of his career. This is the wake-up call fight for him, a loss that will force him to see the flaws of his style and motivate him to make the necessary changes. If he wins, then he's right back where he wants to be, in the title picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Khan and Lopez still have some room to grow, but they've become so reliant on their strengths (Juanma = power and Khan = speed) that completely ignore their glaring weaknesses. Khan hasn't hit rock-bottom yet to me, it's just that his level of opposition is no joke. He needs to lose to a guy like Guzman, a veteran who's been overlooked because of his weight problems, a guy who seems to be on the tail-end of his career. This is the wake-up call fight for him, a loss that will force him to see the flaws of his style and motivate him to make the necessary changes. If he wins, then he's right back where he wants to be, in the title picture.
      I totally agree..But I don't think Guzman has what it takes to do it..Hey I've been wrong before...

Where do you see Lopez going from here in his career..He has bad stamina issues and really bad habits...

Comment

I totally agree..But I don't think Guzman has what it takes to do it..Hey I've been wrong before...

Where do you see Lopez going from here in his career..He has bad stamina issues and really bad habits...
        I wouldn't mind laying a 100 on Guzman

Khan doesn't change

Comment

• If there's one person you can trust to fight anyone, it's Amir Kahn.
          Maybe those brutal KO's did a job on his nut.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I wouldn't mind laying a 100 on Guzman

Khan doesn't change
            Wow I would'int'l trust Guzman at all..How about a bet of 100mill??

Comment

Lopez still has a loyal PR fan-base behind him, but not as much time to improve as Khan. He needs to drop whatever bad habits he has, and get a more experienced trainer. Hell, maybe ask Cotto if he Diaz wouldn't mind training another Boricua. Fight a couple times more at 126 (against Caballero and Dib) if he can still make the weight, try to get a belt, and then move up to 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                IMHO, he's in a similar position to where Juanma was after he lost to Salido the 1st time. Juanma took on a tune-up and then fought Salido again. Khan is taking on the #3 WBA/#4 IBF in Guzman, which almost guarantees him a shot at the winner of Peterson/Judah. The risk is worth it, but the fall will be much harder to deal with than Juanma's. If he loses to Guzman, then he can just go up to 147 and try to resuscitate his career. We've seen it done before, and Khan is exciting enough to where people will pay to see him again.
                you cant keep getting knocked out. khan has been getting badly hurt in victory and defeat for a long time now. he's getting rocked, recovering, and then being rocked again. that's not good for you. if he loses to guzman it will likely be via kayo. i'm not saying that khan cannot win, but guzman is a hitter, and khan is there to be hit.

if he gets stopped again he could very well retire. it's bad for your career, but it's also bad for your health.

i wouldn't fight a puncher, or a guy with a pulse, if i were khan's handlers. guzman could show up in poor shape and khan could bounce back with a nice win. or he could get knocked unconscious, the way he went out against prescott.

an example: while roy jones was completely kayo'd against tarver and johnson, and khan was not against garcia, but the fact remains that two stoppage losses essentially ruined roy jones junior. that's roy jones you're talking about. this is amir khan.

if khan keeps getting knocked out his brains will turn to mush. his speech already sounds bad.

bring him back to england for a ten rounder against a no hoper.

Comment

Wow I would'int'l trust Guzman at all..How about a bet of 100mill??
                  sure, send me a message if it ever goes down so I don't forget

Comment

• Guzman going to give khan his 3rd straight loss

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      sure, send me a message if it ever goes down so I don't forget
                      You got it...

Comment

Working...
                      X