Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this true? since 1980, california built 22 prisons and 1 university?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this true? since 1980, california built 22 prisons and 1 university?

Private Prison, Its a huge industry.

The prison get reimbursed for housing the inmates, inmates then are a free workforce persay and they are in bed with certain companies so they use the inmates as their workforce and pay them penny on the dollars.

I remember when I did time all the fools with no release date etc wanted that private job lol paid a whole lot better than landscaper or whatever the fuck.

kinda ****ed up when you think about it, 3rd rate schools but state of the art prisons lol.

Comment

Well our prisons are overcrowded and we have trouble convincing Americans to go to college to the point that half the UC system are students from China (despite US students having practically guaranteed admision via the TAG method and free tuition via the Blue/Gold Program, Cal Grant, etc)

Literally begging people with mediocre grades to attend top 10 ranked universities for free and they'd rather deal drugs.

But yeah it's racism bro. Burn some toilet paper.
      Last edited by ////; 01-07-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post

The prison get reimbursed for housing the inmates, inmates then are a free workforce persay and they are in bed with certain companies so they use the inmates as their workforce and pay them penny on the dollars.

I remember when I did time all the fools with no release date etc wanted that private job lol paid a whole lot better than landscaper or whatever the fuck.

kinda ****ed up when you think about it, 3rd rate schools but state of the art prisons lol.
        California probably has the densest concentration of top universities in the world and if you submit 2 online forms by the filing deadline you don't a pay a penny to attend, how do we have 3rd rate schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Bo Peep View Post
          California probably has the densest concentration of top universities in the world and if you submit 2 online forms by the filing deadline you don't a pay a penny to attend, how do we have 3rd rate schools?
          I was speaking in general, not necessarily about california or even about college per-say either.

Comment

Both are in the business of making money. Assuming prisons are the better business, the I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post

Yeah it's true, That is why a lot of kids prefer go to prison and get educated thru their prison education program.It's FREE!. You just have to rob or maim someone and you are in!.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
                why wouldn't they?

they're all privately owned so of course someone has to make money off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post

I feel you brother. The California state prison guard Union pressed for the three strike law so they could have job security..

****ed up system!!

Crime pays for corporations.

Comment

California Prisons have been a pretty booming business. Think the inmate population had reached a high of nearly 170,000 at one point. Three strikes, mandatory minimums and all that.

I'm on kinda on both sides of the fence. My mother is a retired DOC employee of over 30 years, and I have had the privilege of "visiting" some of those fine facilities.

I'd much rather see the money go to the schools, more vocational type training inside of the prisons.

This is not to say that the prisons aren't needed, and there are absolute dirt bags that really couldn't give a fuck about anybody else in society that deserve to rot inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X