Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo/Kirkland PPV - Sept. 2012 - How many buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo/Kirkland PPV - Sept. 2012 - How many buys?

Im thinking that Oscar can really set up a good PPV with Canelo and Kirkland - and I think it REALLY could bring back a lot of casual fans. . . Also think Canelo CAN win this fight. . . Word has gotten out about Kirkland to a lot of casual fans who really don't know much about boxing (my friends asking me about him).

Anyway, I think this could generate 300-500k buys.

Thoughts? Sept. 2012 still too soon?

James Kirkland is to much for Canelo right now and in Sep 2012 its a fight I would buy

Comment

I think with a couple of good performances from Alvarez against Cintron and maybe a couple more in 2012 and also great wins by Kirkland in 2012 and a stacked card I think it could break 500,000 buys with the right marketing being done by Golden Boy. Alvarez is an absolutely huge name in the Southwest I think he really helped out that Mayweather/Ortiz fight in generating the 1.25 million that it did. If this fight goes down in 2012 man that would be sick.

Comment

Did Kirkland and Angulo do good tv ratings on HBO?

Comment

If they both look good in decent scraps in the spring then I'd say it can do 300,000 buys.

Comment

I'd buy it for...... Let's say...... $25.99

Comment

I'd buy it with a decent undercard for $29.99

Canelo would beat Kirkland though....

and I'm not even a fan

Comment

Forget who wins and why, and how the fight plays out. Let's just focus on the ppv #s....

I'd say 700K....

Comment

i'd pay the going rate for top dollar PPV cards . . . has potential to be a HELL of a scrap. . . why would u not pay top dollar for a real action fight?

Im not sure how the ratings were for the kirkland/angulo fight? but i'd imagine they were damn good - and i bet the replay they showed the next day generated lots of views. . .

Canelo is HUGE amongst the mexican-american community. . . Kirkland has potential to be about 3/4th's as popular as tyson if he's marketed correctly and keeps on putting on devastating performances. . .

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Forget who wins and why, and how the fight plays out. Let's just focus on the ppv #s....

I'd say 700K....
                    lol no i was just looking at it from the business aspect. . . because i don't think this fight gets made (and we won't be able to predict who wins and why) UNLESS it's PPV. . . I think Golden Boy is saving both for a big bucks fight. . .

Don't try to play me like that, Boston! Like im some kind of "ppv buy groupie"!

Comment

Working...
                    X