Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo Alvarez Ducks Austin Trout, Who Should He Face Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts are Canelo can't possibly fight Martinez on May 4th even though he asked to fight Martinez. Martinez has a fight on April 27 th 2013. Also why is Canelo the only 154 pound champ getting trashed for not fighting Trout and Lara? There are three other 154 pound champs and none of them are fighting Trout or Lara. Why do you give them a pass and single out Canelo? I voted if he does not fight Trout he should fight Lara because Lara is ranked the highest and is promoted by Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      My thoughts are Canelo can't possibly fight Martinez on May 4th even though he asked to fight Martinez. Martinez has a fight on April 27 th 2013. Also why is Canelo the only 154 pound champ getting trashed for not fighting Trout and Lara? There are three other 154 pound champs and none of them are fighting Trout or Lara. Why do you give them a pass and single out Canelo? I voted if he does not fight Trout he should fight Lara because Lara is ranked the highest and is promoted by Golden Boy.
      K9 did receive criticism for not wanting to fight them. Allegedly, he even wanted to get it put in the contract that he wouldn't have to fight Lara. We all know how Mayweather operates, plus he isn't a true LMW anyway. As for Zaurbek, he gets zero press and zero hype around here, therefore he falls under the radar. On the other hand, Canelo is backed by GBP and receives hype from all sides, so his career is under the microscope.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        K9 did receive criticism for not wanting to fight them. Allegedly, he even wanted to get it put in the contract that he wouldn't have to fight Lara. We all know how Mayweather operates, plus he isn't a true LMW anyway. As for Zaurbek, he gets zero press and zero hype around here, therefore he falls under the radar. On the other hand, Canelo is backed by GBP and receives hype from all sides, so his career is under the microscope.
        I really think Canelo wants to fight Trout and I wish Oscar would quit being so greedy and give Trout the fight he deserves. I think Canelo can beat him. It's time for Oscar to have some faith and let Canelo sink or swim with the sharks. If he can beat Trout the demand for a Canelo Mayweather fight would be big.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          What the hell does Lara bring to the ring that Canelo cant handle? Lara spent 10 rounds running from Vanes. Hes gonna do the same against Canelo. Laras the most overhyped fighter on earth.
          That's called boxing..hit and don't get hit..with fair judges canelo have not opportunity...

Comment

I really think Canelo wants to fight Trout and I wish Oscar would quit being so greedy and give Trout the fight he deserves. I think Canelo can beat him. It's time for Oscar to have some faith and let Canelo sink or swim with the sharks. If he can beat Trout the demand for a Canelo Mayweather fight would be big.
            Oscar has talked a good game, but his actions are saying that he doesn't trust in Canelo's ability. He's said multiple times that Canelo is ready, so what's going on then? Fighting a faded Mosley and a small Lopez is not a good look for his future superstar.

Comment

Rematch with Solis of course.

Comment

canelo should face him and avenge the lose his brother took from trout, that's more than enough reason for canelo to face trout

Comment

Baysangurov............make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
                    Rematch with Solis of course.
                    more like canelo facing maidana, fits the bill of canelo's previous opponents

Comment

What the hell happened to Kirkland? I'm under the impression that 50 tried to sign him.

Comment

Working...
                      X