Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hope Capoeira catches on in MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much of it is extremely inefficient and counter productive to the economy of motion that combat requires. The one aspect in which it can succeed is the element of surprise. When you train for hours every day, you develop subconscious reactions to movements you drill. Deliver an unusual strike that a guy doesn't have time to mentally process, and you have a strong chance of landing it at least once (Silva v Belfort, Henderson v Pettis, etc).

Comment

The subject of the thread is Capoeira IN MMA, which by all logic means an integrated approach. It's unfortunate that some MMA fans (Particularly some of the younger ones) have the mentality of trashing an art because the art is not itself MMA rather than digging into it and finding what it has of value in it, which is the essence of MMA in the first place. We develop an integrated approach (that continually grows) by respecting the arts out of which that integrated approach will be built and thereby learning what we can from them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        yes. I really hope someone has the guts to use that style.

finally that capoeira fighter has arrived. been waiting for this for a while now. Knew there was eventually going to be someone with the guts to use this style and make it popular.
        Last edited by -Swizzy-; 11-26-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Idk i see his style more kickboxing tkd style

Comment

****er likes to headbut from what I know.

Comment

Personally, it would be hard to imagine a Capoeira fighter not eventually getting submitted but it would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                yes. I really hope someone has the guts to use that style.

I hope Pacquiao wins this weekend. I'm tired of JMM talking about how he won all 3 fights with Pac.

This post threw me all the way off lol. Then I realized this thread was made in 2012.

Moreover, Anthony Pettis DEFINITELY uses capoeira techniques. Great great fighter
                Last edited by SkillspayBills; 12-07-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X