No announcement yet.

The Haymon strangehold on HBO needs to end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner fights a bum because BURNS DUCKED HIM...and people are B!TCHING

We all know what fight this was SUPPOSE TO BE, they tried to get Eloy Perez (Oscar himself kept that from happening, plus Eloy did not want to fight in Broner back yard)

I blame Burns for ducking...not Broner

Comment

The only reason HBO showcases Haymon's fighters is because they wanna fabricate stars instead of matching the best against the best and letting stars emerge naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        I agree.

I'm just chalking this one up to a date GBP/Haymon already got at the beginning of the year.

I can't wait till 2012 as I hope Herschman will put an end to these Haymon b.s. cards and forced fed fighters.

I can respect what GBP, Top Rank, Shaw and Dibella mean to the sport.....but POS like Haymon are killing the sport.
        Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Be carefull you might be called an Uncle Tom.
        alright so you tell me what the issue is when Al haymon fighters are singled out even when they are apart of promotions like dibella and GBP?i don't see the dibella or Top rank thread every few weeks.why wasn't this tread titled GBP needs to keep broner off the air?
        Last edited by LupinIII; 11-27-2011, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
          alright so you tell me what the issue is when Al haymon fighters are singled out even when they are apart of promotions like dibella and GBP?i don't see the dibella or Top rank thread every few weeks.why wasn't this tread titled GBP needs to keep broner off the air?
          Haymon = common denominator

Top Rank, GBP, Dibella and others do put on ****ty fights from time to time, but they also put out a some really great fights. Their good fights by far outweigh the occasional **** fight they may put on TV.

However, 99% of Haymons fights are pure **** outside of the occassional Floyd and Paul Williams fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Canelo is whack. I don't get the hype about him. Everybody is high on him cuz' of his age. So they see him improving a lot. And, he might become a great fighter. I just don't see it.

He's not a prospect I'm looking at...Neither is Broner. I do like Russell though, Garcia as well. Those 2 will be the class of the division in a couple years. I think they're in a collision course.
            I cant lie. Even Broner showed me some things I liked. I dont think he wants to see Russel anytime soon. As for Canelo, he is what he is at the end of the day. Not much different from the Angulo's and Kirklands of the world. Lots of power, minimal defense and peeps want to see him. I dont think he'll be "great " but I see small improvements in the early rounds of his fights but he always goes back to his old slugging ways. Its cool while he lasts. If he wants to last a lil longer then he should pump his breaks on asking for Mayweather.

Comment

As much as Broner's personality can get annoying, you can't deny the kid has some talent. If you look at his record, before he fought PDL, you'll see he fought practical bums and nobodies, and then he jumped in with PDL, who is underrated IMO, The kid's ready to fight whoever, and considering he just jumped into the fire with PDL, when before he was just fighting bums he performed well, alot of other prospects would of gotten blown out. He took Ponce's best shots and returned fire, later in the fight mind you, but he did bite the bullet and fight. After the fight he's looked much improved. He crushed Litzau, we know Litzau is no world beater, but he ain't no bum either. My soul point here is that, don't compare Broner to Berto, 'cause there's no comparison in skill and talent. He will go much further than Berto. Look, if you want to bash Haymon, I wholeheartedly agree, and understand. But don't take it out on this kid, he's got potential. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
              X