Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather SR- "If Canelo weighs more than 150lb fight night, fight's not happening"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo said he doesnt wanna fight unless they both weigh 180 on fight night. Right at 180. Not a pound above or below. Oh and that Floyd is gay, I think he added that part though just so you guys would believe the 180 part... If its not anti Floyd its probably BS right?

Dont ask for a source just believe it because youre reading it.

Comment

I think the Mayweathers are full of **** and a bunch of liars and they want no part of a fight with a healthy Canelo. Ortiz weighed 164 on fight night but they weren't afraid of Ortiz. Cotto weighed 166 on fight night but they weren't afraid of Cotto. Now Canelo can't weigh more than 150 on fight night which is about 20 pounds less than he usually weighs on fight night. They are afraid of this good young champion and that is clear to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised, I think Mayweather wants to be in total control and dictate every aspect of the negotiations.
        I honestly don't bother believing anything Mayweather Sr says. He comes off as the type of individual who enjoys living through Jr's success and hogs and needs the spotlight. He's probably a great trainer, but any serious issue regarding negotiations, family matters, future plans for Jr. that come out of his mouth should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt

Comment

I think Canelo should call floyd out in a live presser and call him a straight up coward and a phoney champ if he refuses to fight him at the proper weight. if Floyd still refuses f him, Canelo v Cotto is bigger than MAyweather v Alexander anyway.

A good, not great, but good, strong, young champion is enough to give floyd the ****s ... weight drained or nothing lol
          Last edited by Daddy T; 05-16-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I got the quote from the original Mayweather Sr. Video when he states the fight must take place at 147lb. Someone posted it yesterday and the video itself is nowhere to be found. I tried youtube/google etc. can't find it.

If someone can find the video where Sr. states Canelo must come down to 147lb, it's on there. It's like 3-4minutes into the video. I wonder why this video isn't anywhere..

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
              source?? this is too ridiculous to be true
              Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Is there an actual quote of Sr saying Canelo has to be 150 night of the fight?
              Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
              Any proof to this? Source....link.....video? Something? Also for those saying Floyd will be remembered as a cherry picker, you're idiots. He'll be remembered as the greatest boxer of this generation, and all his peers already say he is... some even the greatest of all time... so lets be real... come on son.
              Start at 2:30

Last edited by Imatroll; 05-17-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                Boom! Found it, start at 2:30

stutterring, selective editing, contradictions all in the same sentence...dude has no faith in his son or his own training ability

Comment

Why are Floyd fans avoiding this thread? Also I wonder if Richard Schaefer saw this video when he called the weight issues BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 11player View Post
                    A fair condition, IMO, would be to have the fight at 154lbs with the restriction that the fighters would still have to be at 154lbs on fight night.

That way Floyd and Canelo would be very close on size entering the ring and an attainable task for Canelo.

At 147lbs, with 150lbs on fight night, that's handicapping Canelo completelly.
                    U wot m8? Didn't Cotto rehydrate to 168lbs fight night against Floyd.... why make exceptions for Canelo???

Comment

Working...
                    X