No announcement yet.

What was the best olympics opening ceremony

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Boring as ****, just a load of people dancing and waving ribbons, impressive choreography but at the end of the day it's a load of people waving ribbons. Like i said in the opening post, what do you remember from Beijing ceremony? what great "moments"

there were none, maybe that astronout, but i'd already forgotton that.

I wont forget the queen parachuting into the stadium

Comment

Boring as ****, just a load of people dancing and waving ribbons, impressive choreography but at the end of the day it's a load of people waving ribbons. Like i said in the opening post, what do you remember from Beijing ceremony? what great "moments"

there were none, maybe that astronout, but i'd already forgotton that.

I wont forget the queen parachuting into the stadium
      Did you not see the 2000 drummers being almost flawlessly in sync? Something tells me we're not watching the same ish lol.

Beijing > All

The archer lighting the torch in Barcelona 1992 was pretty damn sweet though. If I were to pick a favorite moment from an opening ceremony that would probably be it.

Comment

its the best one ive ever seen.

Its also the only one Ive watched though so that doesnt say much.

I was bored as **** when the teams came out. But other than that i thought it was ok. Mr Beam made it for me.

Comment

It shat on all the others from a great height.

Comment

London, there were actual memorable moments, unlike the others which i can't really remember jack **** about. The Bond and Queen was awesome, Mr Bean was ****ing hilarious, the music was good, it wasn't pompous and arrogant, it was trippy and great fun.

Check the sig.
            Warning: this post might be biased

Comment

My family was bored watching London's Opening Ceremony. Even the Queen was bored with the whole thing. China was the best and the last Winter Olympic in Canada was better and more entertaining. I can't wait to see Brazil's Opening Ceremony, hopefully a lot of Carnival Girls.

Comment

i thought it was utter shite, celebrating all the worst parts of british culture. that said, beijing's one bored me and all.

Comment

They did a failed game of thrones knockoff...then a long ass super bowl halftime show...the whole thing had a high school drama feel. England sucked themselves off the entire time, but leave out war and how you used to own half the damn participating countries and not even talk about it.

The rings were cool, the cauldron is gorgeous and how it was lit also nice.

Overall it was pretty meh. China was a tough act to follow.

Comment

Working...
                  X