Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Much of Haymon’s influence is derived from his relationship with Mayweather. Haymon helped him maneuver out of his contract with Top Rank for $750,000. Mayweather became the biggest pay-per-view draw of his generation, made a professional wrestling cameo, appeared on “Dancing With the Stars,” all in part because of Haymon’s influence.

Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy Promoters, the company hired in recent years to promote Mayweather fights, called Haymon “easily the smartest man I’ve ever met.”

Mayweather added, “If I would have had Al Haymon from the beginning, I probably would be a billionaire right now.”

Haymon’s power extends beyond Mayweather, though. He represents other prominent boxers, including Andre Berto, Paul Williams and Jermain Taylor, along with younger prospects like Adrien Broner and Gary Russell Jr. Haymon spreads those fighters among various promoters and steers clear of long-term contracts.

“He makes fighters the most money,” said Jeff Wald, who helped create the reality TV series “The Contender” and worked with Haymon in boxing and entertainment. “Of course everybody hates him. If I was a fighter, he’s the first guy I’d go to.”

Discuss & Debate your favorite and most hated Al Haymon managed fighters

Haymon just signed Lara, he manages Adrien Broner, Gary Russel Jr, Danny Garcia, Josesito Lopez & Keith Thurman just to name a few of the young fighters in the sport that Haymon manages

Comment

He also got Omar Figueroa the guy that fought on last nights undercard.

He seems to have a grasp on most of the young talent in the sport.

Comment

Blaming Haymon managed fighters for the current state of affairs in boxing is nothing but a cheap copout. It took years of exploitation to even get this bad where guys like him can thrive in as cutthroat an atmosphere as the current boxing climate.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Haymon just signed Lara
          And will still be treated like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Doors will open if he beats Vanes.

Funny thing is Top Rank won the purse bid for the fight though. It would be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope Haymon's presence can help avoid potential foul play with the judging of that fight.

Comment

I doubt it, it's been proven al haymon gets his fighters tv exposure and showcase fights on both networks

Comment

Haymon’s power extends beyond Mayweather, though. He represents other prominent boxers, including Andre Berto, Paul Williams and Jermain Taylor, along with younger prospects like Adrien Broner and Gary Russell Jr. Haymon spreads those fighters among various promoters and steers clear of long-term contracts.

He makes fighters the most money,” said Jeff Wald, who helped create the reality TV series “The Contender” and worked with Haymon in boxing and entertainment. “Of course everybody hates him. If I was a fighter, he’s the first guy I’d go to.”

Discuss & Debate your favorite and most hated Al Haymon managed fighters

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Doors will open if he beats Vanes.

Funny thing is Top Rank won the purse bid for the fight though. It would be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope Haymon's presence can help avoid potential foul play with the judging of that fight.
                  I thought Al Haymon doesn't deal with Top Rank? Something tells me he will pull Lara out of that fight and if he doesn't get him a title shot for it, it's gonna be sad.
                  I doubt it, it's been proven al haymon gets his fighters tv exposure and showcase fights on both networks
                  Im still skeptical about bro. Oh and he was most likely the one who fked Lara over vs Williams so he needs to make that up.

Comment

I thought Al Haymon doesn't deal with Top Rank? Something tells me he will pull Lara out of that fight and if he doesn't get him a title shot for it, it's gonna be sad.

Im still skeptical about bro. Oh and he was most likely the one who fked Lara over vs Williams so he needs to make that up.
                    For some reason I think that mess had a lot to do with HBO rejecting Williams vs. Ishida, the opponent Haymon had picked out for that fight and forced Williams vs. Lara instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X