Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, what is the government's big problem with weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, what is the government's big problem with weed?

I see shows on the news and on discovery etc where these cops are life and death over some weed lol... and millions of people are getting arrested and going to jail over it.

Is weed really that serious? The only thing weed ever does to me is change my perspective on things and help me forget my problems. The only side effects are like katt williams said, "hungry, happy, sleepy."

Let's be honest, alcohol is so much worse than weed. Weed doesn't make you violent or aggressive, it has no after effect, it doesnt destroy your health and it's not addictive.

Legalizing it wouldn't generate as much money as alcohol, or prescription drugs. Sure, legalized shops would sell top notch weed, but really anybody can grow it. Can the government tax you if you grow it in your backyard? How much can you grow? I don't know. Legalizing it just seems to complex in terms of generating mass amounts of revenue. Sure, you can make money off weed legally, but the government evidently makes more off alcohol, and pills, as the market is more economically secured. I don't know moofokka google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
      Legalizing it wouldn't generate as much money as alcohol, or prescription drugs. Sure, legalized shops would sell top notch weed, but really anybody can grow it. Can the government tax you if you grow it in your backyard? How much can you grow? I don't know. Legalizing it just seems to complex in terms of generating mass amounts of revenue. Sure, you can make money off weed legally, but the government evidently makes more off alcohol, and pills, as the market is more economically secured. I don't know moofokka google it.
      lol that was actually a good answer, thank you.

Comment

Read your history : The United States' Government has a long and storied tradition of putting their nose when it doesn't belong in terms of trying to legislate issues of free choice and morality.

Comment

Logging industry. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
            Anybody can brew their own alcohol, as well. And the process is no more complex than the process of growing your own weed, trust me.

I think the whole "legalization" issue has much more to do with the Government's inability to admit their own failures with "The War on Drugs". 20 years on and many high ranking public and private officials still refuse to admit their associations in the whole Iran-Contra scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
              I see shows on the news and on discovery etc where these cops are life and death over some weed lol... and millions of people are getting arrested and going to jail over it.

Is weed really that serious? The only thing weed ever does to me is change my perspective on things and help me forget my problems. The only side effects are like katt williams said, "hungry, happy, sleepy."

Let's be honest, alcohol is so much worse than weed. Weed doesn't make you violent or aggressive, it has no after effect, it doesnt destroy your health and it's not addictive.
              Im not really sure myself tbh I dont really even smoke and could care less if they do or dont the people are alwys gonna be able to get in small or mass amounts with ease my thought was alway to make it leagal and tax it like eveything else in the US so they still get there piece and call it a day...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Logging industry. That's why.
                Well, that was one of the main reasons back in the 20's. Today its a whole hog-posh of reasons. Here in Cali, it wasn't the gov't that blocked legalization for recreational use, it was freaking growers that was against the bill because their profits would be lost once it was commercialized.

End of the day, a bunch of pot-heads (I used to be one) will drop the ball for some dumb-assed reason. Every time this comes up I remember the last marijuana march I attended. 45 minuet march in downtown Santa Cruz, only to end up at the police station (we were supposed to go to City Hall). Half of the group left to go get/smoke more the rest went to City Hall. Oh yea did I mention they scheduled this march on a holiday and all gov't offices were closed?

Comment

It's all just appealing to the morality vote, and marijuana is still a drug, which is "wrong" and immoral.

They could still have the bullsh** War on Drugs without focusing on marijuana.

Comment

Kinda pointless to have a "war" on drugs when you're in bed with the pharmaceutical industry, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X