Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dela Hoya: "I'm a top ten fighter of this era."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he's probably right, let me do a list of top 10 fighters in the last 10 years excluding oscar

1. roy jones
    2. manny pacquiao
    3. bernard hopkins
    4. floyd mayweather
    5. joe calzaghe
    6. lennox lewis
    7. felix trinidad
    8. marco antonio barrera
    9. erik morales
    10. shane mosley

we could put oscar in the top 5 of that easy enough

Comment

• Originally posted by vaborikua View Post
      I am being real do you see me saying i though tito won? I said I had it 6 rounds a piece i though tito won 2 rounds in between 1-8 and they were close rounds. The one dlh won Other than the first and another round i though DLH won clearly and big. DLH dominated most rounds he won except like the 3 close ones and the last 4. I though dlh shoulda atleast fought back cause he was running and not throwing punches back. Anyways I though dlh and tito shoulda fought again at whatever weight they could agree on and both retire, and I also seen that fight so many times to be honest with you i cant see trinidad winning 7 rounds at all but judging the close rounds closely i saw him win 6. Anyways we all kno its a whole different fight when its up close judges dont get to see all the angles and punches that may have been blocked or not landed it may seem as if they did land.
      Well I appreciate you are honest and like I said, I wouldn't have been mad at a draw.

When I talked to Oscar when he was down here in Miami last year for his book signing, he told me that the Tito fight was the one that haunted him more than any other. He said he tried everything to get that fight but that Tito's father was being unreasonable and wanted to fight at too high a weight and didn't even want an even split.

Sad because I think that's one fight that would have been one of Oscar's real last mega fights and we missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Co-sign.....

People are emotional bitches and let their personal feelings interfere with rational thought.

I don't like Floy Mayweather Jr. but would be an idiot not to see the man is a great fighter.
        Oh the Irony!

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          No on Tszyu? No on Ricardo Lopez? You are seriously going to try and argue that Oscar De La Hoya is better than Tszyu, yet alone Ricardo Lopez?

Please don't tell me you are going to exclude Tszyu on resume because you sure can't exclude him on skill.

Not only has Tszyu consistently fought world class opposition his whole career, his best wins are better than Oscars best wins, and don't try and tell me he actually beat Quartey or Whitaker, because we know damn well he didn't.

I think you will wake up in the morning and realize how stupid what you just wrote really is. I can accept that Quartey is arguable, but it is not possible for a rational human being to argue that Oscar is better than Kostya Tszyu or Ricardo Lopez.

I'm not even going to go into Ricardo Lopez, because that just speaks for itself. Ricardo Lopez, with the possible exception of Salvador Sanchez, is the best fighter to ever come out of Mexico, but yet you don't believe he is better than Oscar De La Hoya?

I respect you as a writer, you are good, your articles are some of the only ones I read, but what you just said is really really... please tell me you are drunk.
          Yes, I am definitely saying that. Tszyu was good; Oscar was better. My opinion. The best fighters Oscar beat were better than those Tszyu did and Oscar lost to better fighters as well.

Lopez was had three real potential opponents ahead of him all with HOF talent (Carbajal, Johnson, Arbachkov). He faced zero. He would probably rate ahead of DLH is an all-time sense because of the numbers he put up but I don't think his resume merits the respect he gets and I don't think he was really better than Oscar.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Yes, I am definitely saying that. Tszyu was good; Oscar was better. My opinion. The best fighters Oscar beat were better than those Tszyu did and Oscar lost to better fighters as well.

Lopez was had three real potential opponents ahead of him all with HOF talent (Carbajal, Johnson, Arbachkov). He faced zero. He would probably rate ahead of DLH is an all-time sense because of the numbers he put up but I don't think his resume merits the respect he gets and I don't think he was really better than Oscar.
            I'm a big fan of Kostya and Oscar but De La Hoya had the better career, no doubt. Shawn has a real hard-on for KT.

Comment

• Joe Calzaghe's not better then Delahoya. He hasn't fought ANYBODY!

Comment

Working...
              X