No announcement yet.

Cruiserweight is 100x better than Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiserweight is 100x better than Heavyweight

I think the Cruiserweight division is so much better than the heavyweight division its almost laughable. Cruiserweight are basically the old sized heavyweights of the 50s and they have over the last few years produced some excellent fights. there is no comparison between the fights, just take Adamek vs Cunningham for example a great fight with both men in great condition ready to put it on the line for 12 rounds, then you get heavyweight fights like Wlad vs Rahman and Valuev vs Holyfield. I look forward to a cruiserweight title fight but I haven’t looked forward to a heavyweight title fight in years.

the action is certainly better. i don't know if the fighters are.

the heavyweight division is filled with 250 lb. tall statues or fat boys.

they're kinda slow and lack stamina.

guys in the 6'1-6'3 and 210-230 lb. range are a bit faster and certainly have more endurance.

that's why the heavyweight division was so action packed in the old days. they could go a hard 15 rounds while nowadays heavyweights can barely go 10 while throwing barely 20 punches a round.

Comment

I also find the heavyweight division extremely boring nowadays, that being the reason why many boxing fans turned the focus on lesser divisions, which are far more spectacular than a heavy clash.

The reason of this being the lack of some charismatic champions like there were in the past, because this is the sand and pepper of a heavyweight division. We have the boring Klitschko brothers, the bouncer Valuev and there are others like Chagaev, Peter, Ibragimov who aren't so magical. Personally I won't pay more than 10$ to see them fight. I would rather watch Pacquaio-De La Hoya or Cotto-Margarito anyday. In my opinion the heavyweight class it's on decline, until someone comes and resurrects it.

Comment

Some good Cruiserweight Fighters of the last 2 years:

David Haye
        O'Neil Bell
        Jean Marc Mormeck
        Firat Arslan
        Tomasz Adamek
        Marco Huck
        Rudolf Kraj
        Giacobbe Fragomeni
        Steve Cunningham
        BJ Flores