No announcement yet.

Marlon Starling 'Ward and Mayweather are beatable in my era'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Starling 'Ward and Mayweather are beatable in my era'

HALL O FAME WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION MARLON STARLING TALKING ABOUT WARD AND MAYWEATHER http://youtu.be/N_BUfIUFw6c

Mayweather is beatable in his own era, Ward I'm not sure about.

Comment

Who could have beat Mayweather in his era?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Who could have beat Mayweather in his era?
        I imagine he's talking WW era.

His WW era was quite strong.

Starling himself wouldn't be an easy fight for Mayweather.

Comment

Mayweather only fought 4times since 2007... Its hard to beat a guy when he cherry picks his fighters and cheats them on the weight and sucker punches his opponents. No wonder hes so hard to beat. He rarely fights!
          Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I imagine he's talking WW era.

His WW era was quite strong.

Starling himself wouldn't be an easy fight for Mayweather.
            I meant this in response to Weebler. He says Mayweather is beatable in his own era...so who in Floyd's era could have beat him?

Comment

We just talked about welters (different thread)from the Starling era and then the Leonard/Hearns era and theres plenty of guys that could beat Floyd.
              His observation of Ward I agree with 100%, I won't put him in as a C-class fighter but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's a real good fighter! The Dawson fight was a stinker by both and they looked like they were there for the check ONLY!
              I knew Starling very well back in the old days at the Hartford Civic Center and at his gym and mine! He sparred with my son and his trainer was a good friend! Floyd Sr. talked crap about Marlon for months and Moochie shut him up pretty good! I knew them all when they were kids and Roger was a nice kid.
              I knock Floyd Jr. alot but I don't knock his overall talents. I don't care for his approach but I do understand it!!! As a welter he's very small but he is in a small era for welters and no one has any real power so I think he can take charge without giving way! You will see him come forward pretty soon because if he continues on his legs won't be what they used to be and thats life in the ring. I just think he could do more!! Without even getting into the personality thing or "lack of" one! Marlon "the Magic Man" Starling" ake Moochie! Spent a few nites at Franks across the street from the HCC partying after shows. Good times. Ray.

Comment

Andrew Ward just beat everybody in the Super Six tournament and Chad Dawson. Who else is he supposed to fight and beat? Are those other guys D class fighters? Good grief.

Comment

I meant this in response to Weebler. He says Mayweather is beatable in his own era...so who in Floyd's era could have beat him?
                  Hard to say because he has not fought much. Paul Williams may very well have beaten him, Margarito a few years ago, Pacquiao, Kostya may have years ago. Castillo arguably did.

Comment

We'll never know. He retired like a faqqot when he was supposed to step up. Now his legacy is a bunch of coulda woulda shoulda bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                    X