No announcement yet.

Just got Super Street fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    Haven't been playing street fighter since the old arcade days with Street fighter II and Turbo Remix. The improvements are out of this world! Best fighting game I've played so far. Haven't been playing the new Tekken game but there doesn't seem to be much improvements on the game either. The coming Mortal Kombat though seems great too.

Until then - Street Fighter 4 is king!
    I downloaded a super nintendo emulator with 800 games for PC, great stuff playing all those great games again. Super punch out and super mario kart are my current faves.

Comment

i'm late to the game, but loving this one. Been practicing with just Dudley, and have gotten as far as going through Medium-Hard without losing once. Corkscrew Cross, hoes.

Comment

I play on xbox360, SF junkie to the max.

f0kdes1st3m

Add me and we'll play till our eyes bleed

Comment

I'm way late to this party, but I wanted to bump this threaad by saying that Seth is the cheapest mother****er in the history of fighting games.

I'm no 'Street Fighter' n00b, but this is just ****ing ridiculous.

Even on the easiest setting this c*cksucker punches through my guard, counters my every attack, uber-shoryuken's me every single time I jump, spams sonic booms and piledrivers anytime I'm far or near, and teleports all over the goddamn place like a sissy f*ggot anytime my ultra meter is full (which is only like, all the ****ing time because he's so cheap) so that I can't get anywhere near him to pull it off.

I feel like eating this ****ing game.

Like literally taking it out of my disc tray and taking a giant bite out of the ****ing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I'm way late to this party, but I wanted to bump this threaad by saying that Seth is the cheapest mother****er in the history of fighting games.

I'm no 'Street Fighter' n00b, but this is just ****ing ridiculous.

Even on the easiest setting this c*cksucker punches through my guard, counters my every attack, uber-shoryuken's me every single time I jump, spams sonic booms and piledrivers anytime I'm far or near, and teleports all over the goddamn place like a sissy f*ggot anytime my ultra meter is full (which is only like, all the ****ing time because he's so cheap) so that I can't get anywhere near him to pull it off.

I feel like eating this ****ing game.

Like literally taking it out of my disc tray and taking a giant bite out of the ****ing thing.
            I feel your pain. I've done broken one controller on this game. To get the endings for all the characters I usually put it on one round so I only have to beat Seth once. Even then he'll kick the **** out of me about 20+ times depending on who I picked.

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
              I feel your pain. I've done broken one controller on this game. To get the endings for all the characters I usually put it on one round so I only have to beat Seth once. Even then he'll kick the **** out of me about 20+ times depending on who I picked.
              I've resorted to putting the fights on one round each with a 30 second timer in the hopes that I can do some initial damage to him at the outset of the round, and then play defense and hide from the ****er while I run out the clock.

So far I've only had success with that tactic 3 times, but I managed to unlock Gen, Sakura, and Fei Long after about 20 tries per character.

Every move that c*cksucker has takes first priority. Nearly everytime I unleash my ultra combo on him he'll uber-shoryuken or piledrive his way out of it.

I hope to hell Akuma and Gouken aren't this cheap.

Comment

Post your fights!

Comment

I have an odd relationship with this game, already.

On the one hand I absolutely loathe it for it's stupidly difficult/borderline psychic AI programming which seems to read your every input command and overrides it the very moment you begin entering the sequence.

On the other I think it's probably the best pure fighting game ever created, and I marvel at the way in which people have recorded videos of themselves mastering every nuance the combat offers. It seems like everybody on XBL is a goddamn savant at this game. Except me.

Comment

Bringer, VS. CPU. Pick one main and stick with him for a bit, practice with him against the CPU, put it on medium, against Ryu/Seth/Akuma = good to practice against because their aggressiveness. Also do trials, or practice alone in the training room before hopping on Arcade. Have fun. Legit game.

Comment

What exactly makes Seth so hard for you? I've never had much a problem with him once I figured out his pattern. For the first round, its easy to sucker him into the Dhalsim arm stretch move and just jump kick sweep, so that's one easy round. The second round is harder, but you can still sucker him into either the arm stretch or sonic booms you can jump over and jump kick him to deal damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X