Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy died because medical staff won't let him drink.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy died because medical staff won't let him drink.

This ****in sucks he died wanting a glass of water... wtf

A 22-YEAR-OLD man died of dehydration after three days in a leading teaching hospital during which time he was so desperate for a drink that he rang police begging for help.

Officers arrived on the ward only to be told by doctors that everything was under control.

The next day Kane Gorny's mother Rita Cronin found him delirious and he died within hours. She said nurses had failed to give him vital drugs which controlled fluid levels in his body.

"He was totally dependent on the nurses to help him and they totally betrayed him," Ms Cronin said.

A coroner has referred the case to police, who said they were investigating the possibility of a manslaughter charge against St George's Hospital in South London.

Mr Gorny had been a keen footballer and runner until diagnosed with a brain tumour.

The medication he took caused his bones to weaken and he was admitted to St George's for a hip replacement in May last year. The operation left him immobile and unable to get out of bed.

His 50-year-old mother said he needed to take drugs three times a day to regulate his hormones. Doctors had told him that without the drugs he would die.

Although he had stressed to staff how important his medication was no one gave him the drugs, Ms Cronin said.

She said that two days after his hip operation, while she was at work, he became severely dehydrated but his requests for water were refused.

He became aggressive and nurses called in security guards to restrain him. After they left, he rang the police from his bed to demand their help.

Ms Cronin said: "The police told me he'd said, `Please help me. All I want is a drink and no one is helping me.'

"By this time my son was confused due to his lack of medication and I think the nurses ignored him because they thought he was just being badly behaved."

That evening Ms Cronin visited him. She said: "I told Kane to behave himself because I thought he had been causing trouble - and I feel so bad about that now."

The next morning she visited him before going to work. "I told three nurses there was something wrong with my son and they said, `He's fine' and walked off. I started to cry and a locum doctor told me not to worry.

"Eventually the ward doctor came round, took one look at Kane and started shouting for help. He died an hour later."

http://www.news.com.au/world/kane-go...-1225838001210

That's some ****ed up ****. The staff deserves to go to jail or lose their damn licenses.

Comment

wow... this world is so ****ed up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes it's better to live ignorant to reality! it's disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Akyra View Post
        wow... this world is so ****ed up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes it's better to live ignorant to reality! it's disturbing.
        You have a point there ..
        The more you know, the more fu*ked up humanity seems.

Comment

americans health care refoms - theres the famous NHS right there!

Comment

i came in here ready to fight, i thought someone was denied being served an alcoholic beverage.

how do you deny a request for water?????

anyone in the world: "look, I've got cancer and I can't move, I'm really thirsty, any chance you can grab me a cup of water from that sink 10 feet over that way"

anyone in the world that doesn't deserve to be shot on sight: "Sure, no problem man, give me 1.2 seconds"

Comment

these meds staff are nosy ******* fuks, i met plenty of these type kinda **** motherfukers.

Comment

i know a lot of these medical ****s in school and they are also dumb ****ing ignorant some of them treat the patients like this as if they were just faking or overacting so they ignore them based on their psuedoscientific medical psychology theories. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  i came in here ready to fight, i thought someone was denied being served an alcoholic beverage.

how do you deny a request for water?????

anyone in the world: "look, I've got cancer and I can't move, I'm really thirsty, any chance you can grab me a cup of water from that sink 10 feet over that way"

anyone in the world that doesn't deserve to be shot on sight: "Sure, no problem man, give me 1.2 seconds"
                  Its even more fu*ked up when you consider that there's a bathroom in every hospital room. Water is within reach and this guy had to call 911 and still didn't get enough water. ........... That's Criminal!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    Its even more fu*ked up when you consider that there's a bathroom in every hospital room. Water is within reach and this guy had to call 911 and still didn't get enough water. ........... That's Criminal!!!!!!!

that's why I said 10 feet in my conversation.

and the po po just talked to the staff and left.

Comment

Working...
                    X