No announcement yet.

Long ass (DLT long) Mayweather-Marquez thoughts which addresses a **** load

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALPHA O' MEGA View Post
    the marquez fight does nothing for mayweather's legacy but add a notable name?well, what the **** is a legacy supposed to be littered with?
    It adds a noteable name, but not truly the like depth he needs to be considered an all time great. There is a difference between a solid name/win and legacy changing wins.

Comment

the marquez fight does nothing for mayweather's legacy but add a notable name?well, what the **** is a legacy supposed to be littered with?
      credible wins and the overcoming of challenges. thats what legacy is.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        It adds a noteable name, but not truly the like depth he needs to be considered an all time great. There is a difference between a solid name/win and legacy changing wins.
        Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        credible wins and the overcoming of challenges. thats what legacy is.
        so you're saying that marquez won't be a credible win?
        i don't believe that.
        marquez can stake claim to actually being a great fighter in this era.

as far as the challenge part, you're right.

Comment

so you're saying that marquez won't be a credible win?
          i don't believe that.
          marquez can stake claim to actually being a great fighter in this era.

as far as the challenge part, you're right.
          He's not enough to boast Floyd into have people's respect. It's not a terrible win for him, but the one sidedness of the fight and Marquez moving up in weight takes away from the overall quality.

Comment

It was a good little read but the writer contradicts himself. At midway through the piece his says that it's a mismatch, and then at the end he says it's a solid fight.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but it seems incredibly general. When I read an article, I want to learn something I didn't know before, and all this seems so obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                Good post, I can't green K right now. I agree, this fight does nothing for Mayweather. I've been saying this, I don't care about this fight I'm just gonna watch it because it's two of the best fighters. As for everyone else making a big deal about this fight Idk what they're on. I wish PBF could have actually make it 140 and fight Marquez there so everyone can see it would still be a mismatch in terms of skill and every other department. Oh well, I'll enjoy the fight anyways.
                Wouldn't have made a difference. It isn't like JMM is established at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
                  It was a good little read but the writer contradicts himself. At midway through the piece his says that it's a mismatch, and then at the end he says it's a solid fight.
                  Good point and thanks for the criticism. I guess what I mean when it's a solid fight is when it'll be worth buying. But I didn't make myself clear, so thanks for pointing it out

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  Maybe it's just me, but it seems incredibly general. When I read an article, I want to learn something I didn't know before, and all this seems so obvious.
                  Yeah, I've stated points like this before, but this just wraps it up in one general thread I guess. Just putting my views in one big bundle. A lot of people do have different views on this though

Comment

It don't matter, P4P...it'd still be a micmatch

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      He's not enough to boast Floyd into have people's respect. It's not a terrible win for him, but the one sidedness of the fight and Marquez moving up in weight takes away from the overall quality.
                      well you may be right.personally i haven't taken into account the weights and all that ****.i figured it'd be at 140 and everybody would be happy, but if its at welter,i'd be smh.........

Comment

Working...
                      X