No announcement yet.

Gabriel Campillo vs Thomas Williams Jr this Friday is being slept on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabriel Campillo vs Thomas Williams Jr this Friday is being slept on

Very interesting crossroads fight I've been looking forward to. Campillo is once against facing a big puncher in Williams (70% KO), which is unfortunately Campillo's biggest weakness. Still, Williams is no Kovalev, so I'm surprised to learn Williams is a -450 betting favorite. Campillo did outbox Fonfara for most of the fight so we know the skills are still there and isn't really completely shot. And we later learned Fonfara was no joke when he gave Stevenson one of his toughest fights. My final verdict is that I just don't see much in Williams and his power that would close the gab in boxing ability between the fighters. My picks is Campillo by decison.
    Campillo by decision
    0.00%
    Williams by decision
    0.00%
    Campillo by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Williams by KO/TKO
    100.00%

Is there any fighter screwed over more by circumstances outside of their control than Campillo?

Thomas throws a lot of wide punches and honestly isn't that good. Sure, he has power, but he is always there to be caught. Campillo isn't a puncher, but if your chin is that wide open coming in then I'm sure he can make something of it. I wouldn't even be surprised if it turns out to be like the Cloud fight with this time hopefully Gabriel getting the nod.

Comment

More like Campillo about to get slept.

Comment

Working...
      X