No announcement yet.

My theory on the Haye cut and Grove's-Booth split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My theory on the Haye cut and Grove's-Booth split

Team Haye felt the lack of sparring before the Wlad fight due to the genuine toe injury,also reduced his performance and ring sharpness. They got in some good sparring partners and went extra hard at it for this camp. Haye got a real passion back for sparring and in his own words says he's a fighter and just loves fighting. He got so excitable he for the first time this camp really ramped up his threats against Tyson. Saying I'm busting up my top sparring partners and there'd smash him. Even sparring videos being released against a name isn't common of haye.

Groves got sick to death of the even more than usual focus on haye and his training camp. He thought it'd fade once some of the sparring partners went home. But it didn't and haye was loving it,pushing it so much with the confidence of beating up some good sparring opponents he went hell for leather with this big croat. Groves with his attitude grew tired of it all, fell out with the stubborn awkward Booth,and left. This Croat seeing how others faired against haye in sparring even with public view,wanted to quieten Haye's brash invincibility just a bit,make a name for himself and push it slightly harder in sparring than he normally would.

Haye got cut as a result of all these factors. But also sparring so heavily,so close to the fight,without head gear. He's genuinely gutted about it and wants the fight. But he's cried wolf before and is getting some karma in messing around and bending the truth,pulling stunts before. Booth is left trying to clear up the mess he's half caused with his camp behaviours and attitude. No Grove's and no big haye fight guaranteed,and probably less likelyhood of a vitali fight now even if they do gain furys benefit if the doubt to wait for him.
    Last edited by Kris Silver; 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM.

Good post!

Sounds like it could be very close to what happened!

Comment

cool story bro

Comment

Perfectly plausible version of events but we'll never know the truth here.

Comment

Haye got in good sparring and I believe team Haye was going for the KO.

He may have been aggressive. Also cuts do seem to happen easier as you age.

Comment

Most of it sounds fine. But I don't necessarily by the notion that it has something to do with the Wlad fight.

And I've heard from extremely credible sources that Adam Booth dropped Groves, not the other way around. He was apparently getting frustrated with Groves' attitude and thought he wasn't listening the way he used to. He's chosen to go with Paddy Fitzpatrick, a guy who used to be a coach at Hayemaker as well.

Odd choice for a head trainer, but each to his own.

Comment

tldr, but like many I don't believe Haye wanted this fight now.

Why? either:

(a) he wasn't physically ready
              (b) there is more money on the table later in the year (on Nov. 23rd v Fury or against a Klitschko)

He's cried wolf once too often for me to buy his excuses (whether they be little toe, dubious cut, "subluxed" wrist or bad back etc.

He'll happily take people for fools, just read his barefaced lies on the Charr fight earlier this year:

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/offi...id-haye-197161 (type f.ightnews in the link)

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                Team Haye felt the lack of sparring before the Wlad fight due to the genuine toe injury,also reduced his performance and ring sharpness. They got in some good sparring partners and went extra hard at it for this camp. Haye got a real passion back for sparring and in his own words says he's a fighter and just loves fighting. He got so excitable he for the first time this camp really ramped up his threats against Tyson. Saying I'm busting up my top sparring partners and there'd smash him. Even sparring videos being released against a name isn't common of haye.

Groves got sick to death of the even more than usual focus on haye and his training camp. He thought it'd fade once some of the sparring partners went home. But it didn't and haye was loving it,pushing it so much with the confidence of beating up some good sparring opponents he went hell for leather with this big croat. Groves with his attitude grew tired of it all, fell out with the stubborn awkward Booth,and left. This Croat seeing how others faired against haye in sparring even with public view,wanted to quieten Haye's brash invincibility just a bit,make a name for himself and push it slightly harder in sparring than he normally would.

Haye got cut as a result of all these factors. But also sparring so heavily,so close to the fight,without head gear. He's genuinely gutted about it and wants the fight. But he's cried wolf before and is getting some karma in messing around and bending the truth,pulling stunts before. Booth is left trying to clear up the mess he's half caused with his camp behaviours and attitude. No Grove's and no big haye fight guaranteed,and probably less likelyhood of a vitali fight now even if they do gain furys benefit if the doubt to wait for him.
                Oh dear, appears David Haye is posting under a fake name. Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  Oh dear, appears David Haye is posting under a fake name. Pathetic
                  Oh dear, appears Frosty G is posting under the nick name of his mrs cunt. Frosty Gooch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    Oh dear, appears Frosty G is posting under the nick name of his mrs cunt. Frosty Gooch.
                    well if i was wrong in my hunch i do apologise.
                    i don't look half as much of a nob as you do though slurping up all the bull out of haye and booth's arses and adding some of your own

Comment

Working...
                    X