No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I'll Give Jean Pascal a Joppy Type Beatdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I'll Give Jean Pascal a Joppy Type Beatdown

Former two division champion Bernard Hopkins would love to score a knockout over Jean Pascal on Saturday night. Hopkins challenges Pascal for the WBC/IBO light heavyweights titles at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. HBO will televise the fight. They fought to a controversial draw on December 18 in Quebec City. Hopkins has gone the distance in his last ten fights, and got his last knockout win in 2004 when he stopped Oscar De La Hoya in nine rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

WAR F.O.W!!(Father of Ward)

Comment

Damn I forgot about the Joppy beatdown. I'm going to watch that again. If anybody haven't watch it, WATCH IT he was telling the ref to stop it

Comment

This is exactly the fight I predicted the first fight would look like, except, I said it would be a mix of the Joppy and first Taylor fights. Genius **** right there.

If B-Hop can get it started from the beginning without being dropped, he can turn it into the Joppy fight, but I see Pascal setting traps and trying to counter him (had pretty good success at it in the first fight), so it's going to be very dangerous early. Pascal seemed to shake B-Hop with every clean punch, so it's not going to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          This is exactly the fight I predicted the first fight would look like, except, I said it would be a mix of the Joppy and first Taylor fights. Genius **** right there.

If B-Hop can get it started from the beginning without being dropped, he can turn it into the Joppy fight, but I see Pascal setting traps and trying to counter him (had pretty good success at it in the first fight), so it's going to be very dangerous early. Pascal seemed to shake B-Hop with every clean punch, so it's not going to be easy.
          I really hope Hopkins puts him through the ringer, the only thing that concerns me is, what are the chances that a 45 yr old man is going to be able to pull off another performance like he did last time...Idk man, if someone forced me to bet money i would probably have to take pascall although i hate his guts

Comment

Originally posted by choelzle View Post
            I really hope Hopkins puts him through the ringer, the only thing that concerns me is, what are the chances that a 45 yr old man is going to be able to pull off another performance like he did last time...Idk man, if someone forced me to bet money i would probably have to take pascall although i hate his guts
            Hopkins can pull of the same performance... Him being able to fight the same way he did last fight for 12 rounds is not the problem. He has the conditioning, experience, and boxing skill to put on a repeat performance.

The problem is... even after the knockdowns, whenever Pascal landed clean on him it'd visibly shake B-Hop. When Hopkins stuck out his tongue in the later rounds, it was after getting popped with a clean shot that knocked him off balance.

Hopkins reaction to clean punches was not a good sign. He's going to have to neutralize Pascal's offense again because I don't see him handling clean shots any better. He can neutralize Pascal's offense, but he's bound to get hit clean during the fight. It all depends on how he handles those single shots that'll determine whether if he's going to win or not.

Comment

i don't know about hopkins wining this one, i have a feeling pascal is going to come stronger this time and hopkins is probably getting knock out, but nonetheless hopkins wining is not out of the question cause pascal is not the best guy in the divisin anyway.

Comment

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
                @THEREALBHOP I heard Hopkins just ran 8 miles after he took a look at that picture. :-) yfrog.com/h4i3gdzlj

Comment

Teacher vs student.

Comment

Part of me thinks Pascal's gotten a better insight into what to expect in Hopkins style than the other way round.

So I'm surprised people think it's gona be clearer.

I'd like it to be actually, but Pascal's likely gona be more clued up.

Comment

Working...
                    X