Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sweet child o mine vs smells like teen spirit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post

probably my favorite songs from soundgarden and alice in chains. both are the first songs on albums, i think. badmotorfinger from soundgarden and tripod from AIC

two huge bands of my childhood that invariably shaped my character and musical tastes.

i don't listen to tunes like this a lot these days, but f#ck man, it's great music.
    Uggggg hideous. I SO have nothing in common musically with the '90s generation :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Uggggg hideous. I SO have nothing in common musically with the '90s generation :chuckle9:

Poet

that is real grungy stuff. two terrific bands

i'm shocked you don't like some of the more user friendly grunge, like pearl jam. i've never really come across a music lover who doesn't at least appreciate pearl jam.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        that is real grungy stuff. two terrific bands

i'm shocked you don't like some of the more user friendly grunge, like pearl jam. i've never really come across a music lover who doesn't at least appreciate pearl jam.
        I dislike the whole genre. Can't stand thrash either. I'm definitely more a classic rock/classic metal guy. Probably the more recent stuff I like is in the indie rock of goth rock.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Soundgarden was underrated. They were every bit as good as Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

how about audioslave? i was a teen when thhis baned formed. like a stone, show me how to live, doesnt remind me

Comment

I dislike the whole genre. Can't stand thrash either. I'm definitely more a classic rock/classic metal guy. Probably the more recent stuff I like is in the indie rock of goth rock.

Poet

how about classic rap?

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
              how about classic rap?

Comment

so mostly 60s and 70s rock?...

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
                  so mostly 60s and 70s rock?...
                  Yep, throw the '80s in there and you got it. My favorite band is Pink Floyd.

Poet

Comment

Yep, throw the '80s in there and you got it. My favorite band is Pink Floyd.

Poet

pink floyd is good too.

how about REM and U2?

Comment

'Sweet Child O'Mine' is arguably one of the most recognized and beloved love songs of all time. If you can't appreciate the beauty of that song you must be a tone deaf f*ggot who'd be of more use to the world as a part of the compost heap.

Meanwhile 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is the definitive song of the 90s. I like other Nirvana songs more than it, but when it comes to the band as a whole, it's the song that most personifies them.

This is a 'draw' if ever I've seen one.

Comment

Working...
                      X