Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should fighters lose all their money for not making weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a fighter loses his entire purse than that affects his whole team, the trainer(s), conditioners, nutritionists, sparring partners etc etc. Seems too harsh to me.

I think losing your title and agreeing compensation with the opponent is punishment enough.

Comment

This is tough because for some fighters losing 20% of they're purse isn't as bad as losing the actual fight and future money that comes along with winning and moving up . Some may feel a weight advantage can truley help them .I beleive taking the whole purse is too extreme but 20% may be two little . Something like 33% 1/3 is more fair IMO . As far as Salido goes , I think he just couldn't make 126 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous -
        To be absolutely honest, because Rios isn't very good. Provodnikov wants to make history, thats why he wanted marquez after bradley turned him down.

Provodnikov only wants to fight the best because he's doing this for his legacy, not for money.
        if no marquez then he should absolutely fight Rios? their no better option for him everyone is tied up. Rios is a good win only 2 loses one to one of the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
        X