Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef with Top Rank and Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate that old fart..for coming up with this BS about RiGo not wanted on HBO,and the whole he's boring conspiracy ..

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      To answer the TS, I just hate Arum. No problem with TR from me.

As for Floyd fighting Baldomir instead of Margarito, I don't get all the fuss. Baldomir was seen as the legit WW champion and he made the same amount of money. If Floyd wanted to be the legit champ at 147 why would he have fought Margarito?
      I totally agree with you,, I dont really ever give flack to floyd about fighting baldomir because he was the lineal champ,,,

In this thread i was just playing some devil's advocate,,, But margs would have been more money,, same guarantee but ppv upside would have been much bigger for a margs fight,, floyd-baldomir did like 350k while i believe margs-floyd had the potential to do 400k-600k hence more ppv money in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        It was a typo, sorry,, I meant 8 million,,,,
        Cool, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I totally agree with you,, I dont really ever give flack to floyd about fighting baldomir because he was the lineal champ,,,

In this thread i was just playing some devil's advocate,,, But margs would have been more money,, same guarantee but ppv upside would have been much bigger for a margs fight,, floyd-baldomir did like 350k while i believe margs-floyd had the potential to do 400k-600k hence more ppv money in the long run
          Based off of what? Marg had 1 PPV against on ESPN that did nothing at the time and no one knew who he was.

Baldomir beat Zab, then got a shot on HBO and stopped Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Downy_tax View Post
            No he earned 25 million for that fight and De La Hoya earned like 52 million, not sure about guarantees, but after that fight Floyd was earning more than 20 million in his next fights.
            Someone posted an article here, he took a much smaller guarantee. It paid off on the backend many times over, but 20m in guarantee is crazy going in. He'd never sold over 400k, and DLH was no longer at his selling peak. That normally doesn't add up to 1.5m, much less what they got. Hell Trinidad DLH didn't come close, and there you had 2 big attractions, both more selling power than Floyd demonstrated, both p4p (unlike DLH vs Floyd), both in their prime.

Comment

Working...
            X