No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    MGS3 boss fights are x100 easier than any other MGS game tho. The Olga battle on MGS2 Euro-Extreme is arguably harder than a lot of MGS bosses given she kills you in one shot. I generally only play Hard/Extreme tho, the last time I did a Euro-Extreme difficulty was Big Boss Hard (or w/e its called) on MGS4.

I just got used to Raiden, but I like it so much because it was the last MGS game to really feature a lot of indoor/close quarter playstyle. I agree tho, MGS3 was probably the best one because it was so innovative compared to previous games. If I had to rank the games that are the popular releases in my favorite order(not what I think is the best game) it would go:

MGS2 > MGS 3 > MGS1/4
    Biggest problem I had with MGS2 was the whole "this is a recreation of MGS1 with a really lame protagonist" plot. And of course the ending is just too much hard to follow dialogue.

Still an awesome game. The least of the main Metal Gear games is better than 90% of anything else.

MGS1 is my favorite. MGS3 is probably the best game. MGS5 looks like it has a shot at being the best and my favorite. A next-gen main series quality Peace Walker? That sounds incredible. And we get to see how Big Boss ended up a ruthless psycho.

Comment

How pissed/confused were you when you saw you weren't playing as Snake in MGS2

I was freaking out when the Plant section of the game started. I was pretty young too so I was flippin out.

"Who the **** is this guy?" "Is that blonde hair?" "Why is Colonel calling him Snake?" "WTF AM I PLAYING AS A GIRL?"

Comment

How pissed/confused were you when you saw you weren't playing as Snake in MGS2

I was freaking out when the Plant section of the game started. I was pretty young too so I was flippin out.

"Who the **** is this guy?" "Is that blonde hair?" "Why is Colonel calling him Snake?" "WTF AM I PLAYING AS A GIRL?"
        So pissed. Kojima trolled the fans so hard.

I get the idea of seeing Snake the legend from someone else's viewpoint, but Raiden sucked. His voice actor was awful and he cries the whole damn game.

Comment

Why would it go off story?

This happens after the events of MGS Ground Zeroes.. The Ground Zeroes events take place after MGS Peace Walker, which takes place after Portable Ops, which takes place after MGS3: Snake Eater(this is where chronological order in the game's timeline starts).

If you didn't know, every game in the MGS series is connected. Aside MGS AC!D and Metal Gear Rising.
          What I mean is, it's become a convoluted mess since MGS4.

I just hope the story doesn't dwell much on the previous games (besides GZ which is the prologue). The best games in the series are MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 that's because they weren't caught up in the canon of the other games, they just had mild references here and there. Their stories were pretty much spawned and grounded within that particular game itself.

Although I get the feeling there might be another character reunion in this one as Ocelot, Otacon, Miller have been spotted, young Liquid looks like he's in there. Wouldn't surprise me to see Gray Fox and and Eva make an appearance.

I'd rather have new characters than returning ones, I'm not a fan of shrinking the universe so that everyone is somehow connected to each other.

Comment

MGS Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain CONFIRMED as being PC releases on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Biggest problem I had with MGS2 was the whole "this is a recreation of MGS1 with a really lame protagonist" plot. And of course the ending is just too much hard to follow dialogue.

Still an awesome game. The least of the main Metal Gear games is better than 90% of anything else.

MGS1 is my favorite. MGS3 is probably the best game. MGS5 looks like it has a shot at being the best and my favorite. A next-gen main series quality Peace Walker? That sounds incredible. And we get to see how Big Boss ended up a ruthless psycho.
              The mgs2 plant is so confusing lol. especially the ending. in plainest terms possible im going to try to explain the planter

so when solid snake fell off the tanker and "died", the patriots needed a new guinea pig. so they used raided to kind of replace him, and sent him thru trials and enemies mirrored from mgs1 to also collect data to add to there AI so they could better understand the human psyche (more control). the big shell was actually arsenal gear (new metal gear) and housed one of the five patriot AI's, GW. upoun destroying arsenal gear and GW raiden felt betrayed at the end realizing he was just a pawn in a scheme from the patriots to protect arsenal gear and GW.

i probably missed a bunch of ****, but oh well

Comment

im surprised people would pick mgs2 as the favorite. always the biggest part of this series was the really amazing story and the best game i think is MGS4. i've only beaten mgs2 twice. while ive beaten mgs 1,3, and 4 probably atleast 10 times.

someone really had the nerve to say mgs3 bosses arent good because they are too "easy"...... are you kidding? the end alone is the best and most fun boss in the entire game. each character is interesting and has a background. mgs2 bosses "sons of liberty" were just ripoff foxhound bosses from mgs1. thats literally what the patriots intended them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  im surprised people would pick mgs2 as the favorite. always the biggest part of this series was the really amazing story and the best game i think is MGS4. i've only beaten mgs2 twice. while ive beaten mgs 1,3, and 4 probably atleast 10 times.

someone really had the nerve to say mgs3 bosses arent good because they are too "easy"...... are you kidding? the end alone is the best and most fun boss in the entire game. each character is interesting and has a background. mgs2 bosses "sons of liberty" were just ripoff foxhound bosses from mgs1. thats literally what the patriots intended them to be.
                  they are way, way too easy. The End is an optional boss, but still fairly easy if you choose to not play 1v1 snipes with him.

I've beat MGS2 and 3 over 10 times for sure. MGS1 probably at least 4 times and MGS4 about 3 times.

I still think MGS2 is the best in the series, aside from the story but the point what Kojima was lookin to get across. The flow of data and how data is obtained and sent out to the masses is coming together in today's reality.

Comment

they are way, way too easy. The End is an optional boss, but still fairly easy if you choose to not play 1v1 snipes with him.

I've beat MGS2 and 3 over 10 times for sure. MGS1 probably at least 4 times and MGS4 about 3 times.

I still think MGS2 is the best in the series, aside from the story but the point what Kojima was lookin to get across. The flow of data and how data is obtained and sent out to the masses is coming together in today's reality.
                    lol all the games are easy i guess if you play on the easiest difficulty. really, all mgs bosses can be once u beat them a million times and playing on very easy and or have the bandana.

i havent played mgs2 in a while but let me try to remember the bosses. keep in mind i never play on extreme

olga - shoot her cover and the light, crouch in the corner and just shoot her with tranqs

fatman - pathetically easy, down a few c4 and shoot him a few times

fortune - easier then sniper wolf plus how the fck is she holding a 200 lb rail gun and running around

i forgot how the vamp fight went

metal gear rays- probably the hardest, cause i didnt know wtf to do at first to use the missiles

solidus - easy as **** lol a speedrunner beat him in 59 seconds.

im sorry man i just love the cobra unit from mgs3, esp the sorrow who is badass to me

Comment

you play on the easiest difficulties? i hope not, thats no fun.

I play all the games on Hard, and I've dabbled in Extreme once in awhile.

I agree all the bosses, are about learning routine. But the MGS3 bosses, are just so incredibly easy compared to the rest its ridiculous.

Olga on E-Ex on MGS2 is arguably the hardest if not part of the top 2 hardest bosses in the whole MGS series. She one shot kills you, so its kind of hard not to rank her the hardest boss.

If we're talking all Normal difficulty on all games, I'd say MGS4 and MGS1 have the difficult bosses.
                      Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 08-14-2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X