Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe on SkySports Ringside: "Lewis was afraid of me" (Excellent interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddick Bowe on SkySports Ringside: "Lewis was afraid of me" (Excellent interview)

NEW: great interview of Riddick Bowe which was shown on Sky Sports Ringside yesterday. Bowe talks about Eddie Futch, Holyfield, Lewis and a lot more.
    Very interesting interview:

Good interview. Bulls*** about Lewis though.

Comment

I thought that Lewis smashed him in the amateurs and instead of getting revenge in the pros, Bowe chose to relinquish his title rather that fight Lewis. Is this not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Good interview. Bulls*** about Lewis though.
        exactly. good interview, but it was Bowe who ducked Lewis.
        Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
        I thought that Lewis smashed him in the amateurs and instead of getting revenge in the pros, Bowe chose to relinquish his title rather that fight Lewis. Is this not the case?
        ur right.

Comment

I guess that means Bowe needs to STFU!

Comment

haha sure Riddick. You keep telling yourself that son.

Comment

Lmao.

That's why you threw your title in the trash can since Lewis was sooo "afraid" of you.

Comment

Bowe ducked Lewis thats pretty much conmen knowledge which is a shame, Bowe is the only big name of Lewis's era who he didn't beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                  I guess that means Bowe needs to STFU!
                  bowe avoided him for sure but it was also upon the advice of rock newman. at that point lennox was a dangerous contender who brought little money & fanfare to the fight. there was a huge risk in fighting him & bowe was the undisputed champion with 3 belts so he still had huge paydays coming in & wanted to make as much money as possible. there was a good chance he loses to lennox for less then what he could make fighting holyfield again. it was the worse thing he ever did. after he lost his titles he was never in the WBC rankings again & i don't think he ever got another title shot. it was more rock newman thinking about cashing in on riddick bowe then him being a chicken. lennox lewis is one of my favorite boxers so i'm not trying to hype bowe any. he got terrible advice & he paid for it later. he's broke & was never the same after he lost the 2nd holyfield fight.

Comment

Bowe avoided Lewis, common knowledge

Comment

Working...
                    X