Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a double standard present in boxing today???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    1) I dont think you are race baiting. It is a legitimate question and everyone has their own ideas, experiences, and opinion

2) You're not a white devil, its just that you can't illegitimize experiences of people from other races when you havent had to deal with their issues or day to day life. I can tell you what irish go through in britain or whatever nor can a brit tell a hispanic how it is for them in america. it goes both ways.

3) Povetkin hasnt fought in a while so idk if "traced amounts" is accurate. He may have been using it recently in small doses and maintaining his cycle time, who knows but IMO the reaction from fans is telling.

4) Povetkin has had the weakest reaction I've seen of a fighter testing positive. I never saw a fighter have excuses made for them for cheating and they are giving him benefit of doubt, which is fair. Yet others have positive tests, regardless of usage, bad meat, medical exemptions, or IV usage and they are automatically labeled cheats.

5)Personally its a double standard imo, its one in everyday life so why would it be different in the media or sports. Mexicans and blacks are labeled as criminals, lazy, dishonest by american media all the time and often make the worst instances visible and dont show much positive images.

6) The guy that killed 9 people in black church was apprehended non violently and was even taken to burger king because he said he was hungry before they turned him in. No guns on him, didnt beat him up, and the guy is a murderer.

ever heard of james dillion vs the nypd...this guy murdered several people, attacked cops and was not killed when apprehended but taken to the hospital...yet unarmed people of color are killed and beaten daily....just look up instances in this year alone in the us is the definition of a double standard is laws, police profiling, safety, etc.
    I appreciate the effort you put in and I'm not disputing you but I'd really prefer to stick to boxing as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      I appreciate the effort you put in and I'm not disputing you but I'd really prefer to stick to boxing as much as possible.
      lets stick to boxing going forward. I respect you for asking an honest question like a man. Just gave you my 2 cents.....#salute bro

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        I asked that exact thing! I just seen someone claim this was one of the many times white fighters have gotten away with this exact thing while African Americans are crucified and this is just something I didn't think was true...

And I was called a piece of ***** for bringing up Jones and Mosley as if it was some scapegoat
        You can discount Jones, he did not take PEDs.

Now, I will say that some black fighters have probably been more lambasted in the media for taking PEDs or being suspected of taking them, Toney and Mayweather come to mind. Having said that, I think it is more to do with the fact that they are american and were in important match ups or were well known names. Povetkin is not in any of those categories.

Comment

NO one cares about povetkin, genius. he's a non entity.

Comment

That POS povetkin is an embarrassment to this sport. And any low life gutter rat that is defending him is a worthless POS also. This sport will be cleaned up and there nothing you scumbags can do about it. VADA only exist because of Floyd Mayweather. Possibly his biggest contribution to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
              That POS povetkin is an embarrassment to this sport. And any low life gutter rat that is defending him is a worthless POS also. This sport will be cleaned up and there nothing you scumbags can do about it. VADA only exist because of Floyd Mayweather. Possibly his biggest contribution to the sport.
              Funny thing is, Floyd would never test under Vada, cause they're good at catching cheats and not easily bought off

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Funny thing is, Floyd would never test under Vada, cause they're good at catching cheats and not easily bought off

Floyd saved Manny's life by forcing him off those PEDs.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...o-stomach-pain

http://www.philstar.com/sports/37902...-stomach-pains

No more stomach pain for lil man, but a lot of butthurt.
                Last edited by MASTERBX; 05-16-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X