Canelo looking HUGE training for Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    See the difference:

He put more muscle in. I think it's the help of some ped. If you think it's that he changed his training method it's ok.
    You're comparing junior-middle Cotto and middleweight Cotto. Try again.

Looking at these comments, I can tell most of you dudes don't lift. You act like gaining muscle is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post

Looking at these comments, I can tell most of you dudes don't lift. You act like gaining muscle is impossible.
      Plus - he's comparing pics of a Cotto trained by an amateur boxing coach vs a Cotto trained by a world renowned S&C coach and trainer. He looks filled out and natural.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
        Oh it doesn't make a difference? Compare a mid 30's Sergio Martinez to a late 30's Sergio!
        you mean after he got run over by a train?

Comment

See the difference:

He put more muscle in. I think it's the help of some ped. If you think it's that he changed his training method it's ok.
          it is impossible to put MORE muscle on past 28 without chemicals

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            Oh so Framptons on it too?? Haha, right mate, whys that because he's in good shape?

It's funny how counter-logical that quote is! Physically you don't get better, but boxing isn't always about the physical or Gary Russell Jr would have beaten Loma, or Tyson would have beaten Buster Douglas!

Cotto obviously isn't in his physical prime any more but he's always been a technical fighter, since his father died he bounced around for trainer to trainer. He's finally settled with Freddie Roach and is feeling confident.

It's not that he's a better fighter than when he was 30, it's that he's fighting smarter and is in a better headspace! And the old caveman training philosophy of training harder because your older is out the window these days, it's about training smarter
            those guys looked good in a mirror but physically Tyson and Russell lost their reflexes and co ordination. that's what happens when you get in your mid 30's

Comment

What? Sergio was just as good at 30 years old or 35 years old. He was not known and not given good chances when he was 30 years old, but he beaten everyone they put on him, like Cintron, Bunema. When he fought Margarito it was when he was a WW and was only 27 years old. After that he mover up to JMW and found his best weight there.

Still, I think he used some "help" to build muscle when he moved up to 160.
              Between Cotto and Martinez, if I had to suspect one of PED's, it'd be Martinez.

Martinez went from decent puncher to a KO puncher, became visibly much stronger at an advanced age aswell as seemed to have inordinately high levels of energy and determination at that age(signs of high testosterone) when most at his age wouldn't be able to fight the young mans style like that and carry that enthusiasm.

But this was always just my belief which I noticed around the PW KO, I also called it when he showed up for the weigh in vs Murray that he looks flat and seems to have actually avoided the PED's this time and we know how he performed in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                it is impossible to put MORE muscle on past 28 without chemicals
                I don't think that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post

No, YOU try again. In both cases he weighed 153.5 (Trout fight and Geale fight)

See for yourself: http://boxrec.com/boxer/33535

Gaining muscle is not impossible but why didn't he had this muscles three years ago? he just discovered weight lifting? a elite pro discovering weight lifting at 33 years old? really?
                  Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Plus - he's comparing pics of a Cotto trained by an amateur boxing coach vs a Cotto trained by a world renowned S&C coach and trainer. He looks filled out and natural.
                  One thing is being trained by an "amateur" and other thing is not doing the basic weight lifting work that all the pro's do. Specially when you are en elite boxer that has also fought Mayweather. You don't train like an amateur if you're a fighter of that caliber that makes millions in fights.
                  Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Between Cotto and Martinez, if I had to suspect one of PED's, it'd be Martinez.

Martinez went from decent puncher to a KO puncher, became visibly much stronger at an advanced age aswell as seemed to have inordinately high levels of energy and determination at that age(signs of high testosterone) when most at his age wouldn't be able to fight the young mans style like that and carry that enthusiasm.

But this was always just my belief which I noticed around the PW KO, I also called it when he showed up for the weigh in vs Murray that he looks flat and seems to have actually avoided the PED's this time and we know how he performed in that fight.
                  Exactly, read my post. I said I think Sergio had to take some ped to gain muscles when he moved up to 160, because he's naturally a 154. I said it before you quoted me, you did read me right?
                  That doesn't mean Cotto isn't on roids. If Martinez used it, how does it mean that Cotto didn't use it?..

Comment

War Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Boba Fett View Post
                      yes because Canleo puts on relentless pressure exactly the same way Antonio Margarito does... did you see Mayweather after he fought Canelo,it looked like Mayweather fought 100 rounds he was pushed so hard
                      Cuz fighting cotto is the same as fighting mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X