No announcement yet.

give me the honest truth about rocky marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
    True, and Genaro Hernandez etc. And they say smaller fighters usually fade a few years earlier than HWs.

A glance through Rocky's record shows that many opponents like Rex Layne, Roland LaStarza, etc. were younger and generally bigger than he was.

I rate Marciano as an all time great. But Marciano's biggest wins were over old fighters. Or fighters on the decline like Ezzard Charles. Joe Walcott 38, Archie Moore 40. Joe Louis 37. Yet you went out of your way to discredit Mayweather's win over Mosley because of age. Double standard huh? You better step your game up. Don't even try that.

Comment

Originally posted by FightMoney View Post
      He was a great fighter, but after watching the Joe Louis fight he was nowhere near as great as Joe. Joe was old in his last fight and was out boxing him before gassing because of age. In Joe's prime he would have polished him.
      No, Louis would have been KOed, like he was in the first Schmeling fight.

Louis was younger at 36 than Vitali Klitschko is now, and he never had the serious injuries that Vitali's had.

In his younger years, Louis fought past-prime opponents like Schmeling, fatties like Galento and middleweights like Conn.

Comment

No I don't. You do to white boxers, though.

I've never seen a single positive comment from you about a white boxer. I can imagine what you'll post about Marciano.

This shows how stupid you are and how your racist mind works. Show anything I've ever said negative about Marciano? In fact I can show you the opposite. But keep thinking like that. It's funny really.

Comment

No, Louis would have been KOed, like he was in the first Schmeling fight.

Louis was younger at 36 than Vitali Klitschko is now, and he never had the serious injuries that Vitali's had.

In his younger years, Louis fought past-prime opponents like Schmeling, fatties like Galento and middleweights like Conn.

Louis was 37(not 36)and had already taken a beating from Ezzrad Charles before fighting Marciano. He was shot. Boxrec won't save you here. Aside from that, boxers don't have the same aging timetable. I thought even you knew that. And Conn was a light heavyweight not a middleweight. Step your game up, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
            But Marciano's biggest wins were over old fighters. Or fighters on the decline like Ezzard Charles. Joe Walcott 38, Archie Moore 40. Joe Louis 37. Yet you went out of your way to discredit Mayweather's win over Mosley because of age. Double standard huh? You better step your game up. Don't even try that.
            Out of his 49 opponents you only mention the 3 oldest.

What about the other 46?

You hate and discredit EVERY white boxer.

Mayweather's biggest wins have been over old and/or declining fighters. Mosley at 38 is older than Joe Louis was.

Moore was 39 not 40. Moore had 39 fights after Marciano. Why don't you mention Cassius Clay fought Archie Moore over seven years later, when Moore was age 46. Moore had only 1 fight after he fought Clay.

You racist bastard.

Comment

Tunney you are so paranoid.

Why am I HUGE fan of Pep, Benny, and Locche?

Huh?

So stop calling me racist, okay. Last time I called you out on that in the other thread you ducked me. You said I hated Euro fighters. Then I told you Froch, AA and Adamek are 3 of my faves and you dissapeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                Aside from that, boxers don't have the same aging timetable. I thought even you knew that. And Conn was a light heavyweight not a middleweight.
                No, Conn was a middleweight MOST of his career. He started as a lightweight and had many fights at welterweight. When he got OLD he moved up to light heavyweight and then fought Louis at heavyweight.

"The aging timetable" is used by you to discredit white boxers. You say Archie Moore was still a good win for Clay in 1962 when he was 46, but not for Marciano in 1955 when he was age 39.

You racist bastard.
                Last edited by The Hammer; 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

where is rocky marciano ranked of all time?

Comment

Tunney you still ducking my post.

Comment

Out of his 49 opponents you only mention the 3 oldest.

What about the other 46?

You hate and discredit EVERY white boxer.

Mayweather's biggest wins have been over old and/or declining fighters. Mosley at 38 is older than Joe Louis was.

Moore was 39 not 40. Moore had 39 fights after Marciano. Why don't you mention Cassius Clay fought Archie Moore over seven years later, when Moore was age 46. Moore had only 1 fight after he fought Clay.

You racist bastard.
                      I said his biggest wins, Hitler jr. And you'll never hear me saying "cassius clay's" win over Archie Moore was impressive. That's the difference between me and you. You can't call Shane Mosley "old" and not say the same thing about Moore and Walcott. Of course when you have racist agendas like you do it becomes acceptable. I expect your "Ironfist" alt to red K me with racial slurs any minute now. Coward. It doesn';t takea genius to figure out that Mosley at 38 has more left in the tank than the 37 year old Joe Louis who had only 2 KO's in 8 fights against bums prior to fighting Marciano.
                      Last edited by Calilloyd; 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X