Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Rounds of Sparring do you do in a Session ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Rounds of Sparring do you do in a Session ?

And how long rounds do you spar ?

i can do bout 3-4 3 min rounds.

Comment

3 3min rounds 4-5 if a fights cumming up.

Comment

It depends a lot on what kind of sparring. What the purpose is, who's sparring who, and when in regards to upcoming fights.

Anywhere from 4x2 to 4x2 three times in succession.

Comment

3 2 minute rounds

Comment

10-12 pre fight 6-8 reg,

usually three min rnds 5x2 or 6x2 two different appnts. "would like more, but there is a shortage of hw's at my gym now a days." The harder the spar the fewer the rnds we're not trying to kill ourselves.
            sometimes one session in the morning one at night. (do not recomend) I usually do that to help another guy out its not good for me I know. I may get a little beat up the first session and am usually tired and sore when the next one comes around later that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterp View Post
              And how long rounds do you spar ?

The amount of sparring you do should be dependant on what stage you are in your career. If you are at the novice stage you should be concentrating on ring drills. Novices who do lots of sparring usually just repeat their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                The amount of sparring you do should be dependant on what stage you are in your career. If you are at the novice stage you should be concentrating on ring drills. Novices who do lots of sparring usually just repeat their mistakes.
                let me guess thats what Joe Frazier said in his autobiograby

Comment

at the minimum i used to do 2x3...some days when i felt i could do more like 3-4 rounds, i would ask my trainer and he would let me...

Comment

5 3 minute rounds with 30 second rest

Comment

Working...
                    X