Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Question: Was This A PPV Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Question: Was This A PPV Fight?

Seriously. First Angulo, now this?

These have not been PPV caliber events.

Putting Canelo in PPVs coming off a loss to Floyd is a mistake. Look at how the fans turned against Pacquiao when they asked 70 bucks to fight Clottey, Mosley, etc.

This is not how you build a star. This is how you pull as fast one over the fans.

Lara is a solid fighter, but this was a World Championship Boxing card, not a PPV card.

Golden Boy is fucking up.

Canelo being shoved down or throats. He just simply isn't very good

But this Is boxing in. 2014. "Star power" = PPV no matter what

Comment

I cant believe I payed 50 bucks to watch Lara run all night, he disappointed me

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Putting Canelo in PPVs coming off a loss to Floyd is a mistake. Look at how the fans turned against Pacquiao when they asked 70 bucks to fight Clottey, Mosley, etc.

This is not how you build a star. This is how you pull as fast one over the fans.

Lara is a solid fighter, but this was a World Championship Boxing card, not a PPV card.

GB wasn't to blame. Lara was. But he still won. Lol that's what's crazy, Lara coulda spanked the hell outta him. But he fought way too conservative, but he still won. It's like ppl are making up rds for Canelo just cuz they're mad at the way Lara fought.

Comment

Yeah it was PPv...

It was the best 2 guys in a division, in their primes, with high stakes..

This was a great matchup, and def PPv worthy..

Much better matchup than manny-rios, Floyd-ghost,

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Neither are ppv worthy, stop shoving Canelo down peoples throats he's overrated.

Comment

At this point the only people I'll shell money out for a ppv (given a legit opponent):

Floyd
              Manny
              GGG
              Stevenson (I love watching him fight)
              Cotto
              Garcia (Philly guy, can't help it)

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                Canelo being shoved down or throats. He just simply isn't very good

But this Is boxing in. 2014. "Star power" = PPV no matter what
                broner was in his way of being shoved down our throats too, maidana stopped that from happen

Comment

This and The Angulo fight were not worthy for PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by #YOLO View Post
                    This and The Angulo fight were not worthy for PPV.
                    I will give u the angulo fight, but having the 2 best jr kids fighting in the primes of their careers, and the contrasting styles and high stakes, pre fight this was a great matchup.. I can't believe people would complain about this matchup

Comment

Working...
                    X