No announcement yet.

Dana White Likes Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort At Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    So if he beats Machida and Jacare or moves up to light heavy and beats Jones or wins the title there he seals his name as the greatest ever?
    I know I seemed like an ass counting Weidman out but if he avenges his defeat, beats Jacare, Machida and then Jones I dont see how he couldnt. Right now i think you could make a case for him or Fedor but if he beats Jones I dont see how he couldnt. I mean Fedors best win is Cro Cop and Big Nog. The #2 and 3 guys in the division at the time. Anderson was already #1 for so long beating everybody their was, GSP and Jones were the only thing left before Weidman rocked the MMA. If he takes Weidmab out to reclaim his spot and takes out the #1 in the division above him plus Machida whos a former world champ and top 5 LHW the last 3-4 years I think its a no brainer.
    Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 10-30-2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Okay, but then the question becomes, will Anderson really fight those guys? We've heard about how he's friends with both Machida and Jones and didn't Silva say after the Bonnar fight that he didn't want to fight at light heavy again? Maybe he could for the right price though, I guess. What if someone beats Jones for the belt and Silva then beats that guy instead? Still #1 all-time or does he still need to beat Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342
        Okay, but then the question becomes, will Anderson really fight those guys? We've heard about how he's friends with both Machida and Jones and didn't Silva say after the Bonnar fight that he didn't want to fight at light heavy again? Maybe he could for the right price though, I guess. What if someone beats Jones for the belt and Silva then beats that guy instead? Still #1 all-time or does he still need to beat Jones?
        That remains to be seen. Machida said hed fight him

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Machida/Belfort is certainly an interesting matchup at 185lbs.

Machida should have came down to 185lbs right after losing the LHW belt. It's a much more natural weight class for him. He should do very well there.

Comment

Working...
          X