Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P, who wins "stylistically" Lomencheko or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P, who wins "stylistically" Lomencheko or GGG?

Lets just say Lomenchecko brought the same arsenal up to 160, does he have the style/craft to school GGG? Personally I love this style match up, both have good footwork and fundamentals. Of course speed (Lomencheko) would be a huge factor but power and timing (GGG) can change that.

Anyways, whos style do you feel would be more dominate?
    Lomencheko (skills pay the bills)
    66.67%
    GGG (power & craft > skill)
    25.00%
    I support any and everything white so I cannot choose
    4.17%
    I never knew white people could box...
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

That's a tough question. Lomachenko's insanely skilled and probably more versatile, but Golovkin's skill at pressuring fighters could be a real problem for him.

I'll go Lomachenko, but I'm not confident about it.

Comment

Loma without a doubt. The angles are so beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        Loma without a doubt. The angles are so beautiful
        I agree because Lomencheko has the faster feet but GGG does have a way of finding dominate foot placement with his lead leg. I love Lomenchekos style but someone with good foot placement can catch him turning into a punch and GGG is pretty good at that...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I agree because Lomencheko has the faster feet but GGG does have a way of finding dominate foot placement with his lead leg. I love Lomenchekos style but someone with good foot placement can catch him turning into a punch and GGG is pretty good at that...
          What I like most about Loma outside of his superior offensive arsenal is how that helps him on the defensive side of things. The way he pivots is simply out of this world good. His option of pawing the jab to set his opponent in a position where he wants to land his best shot and at the same time receive nothing in return is something very few are capable of doing. The thing with Loma is 99.99% off the time, he'll have the advantage of foot placement and that helps him slip punches, bob and weave or simply have nothing ever returned.
          He doesn't dart in and out, he darts in and out, then left and right, then he'll stand still and leave you confused on what to expect from him, or way to do offensive against him

ggg is good at what you stated, but Loma is great at his craft

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            What I like most about Loma outside of his superior offensive arsenal is how that helps him on the defensive side of things. The way he pivots is simply out of this world good. His option of pawing the jab to set his opponent in a position where he wants to land his best shot and at the same time receive nothing in return is something very few are capable of doing. The thing with Loma is 99.99% off the time, he'll have the advantage of foot placement and that helps him slip punches, bob and weave or simply have nothing ever returned.
            He doesn't dart in and out, he darts in and out, then left and right, then he'll stand still and leave you confused on what to expect from him, or way to do offensive against him

ggg is good at what you stated, but Loma is great at his craft
            I agree man, Loma def has more in his arsenal and definitely more ways to win and I think GGG has more ways to lose if that makes sense.

And of course its easier said than done but again I see someone with good timing being able to catch Loma turning. If you noticed in the Walters fight Loma was open for a left hook which Walter landed a few times to the body but that same punch over the top from someone with heavy hands while turning into it could be night night.

But again I think Lomencheko is superior and I think someone with Lomas style or a style like Pernell Whitacker are the styles that beat ggg.

Comment

Loma struggled from the pressure of a past it Salido. His style will crumble vs a fighter who brings ggg's pressure and skill.

Comment

Crazy matchup to think about lol. Won't go to deep as I've stated on mulitple occasions what I think it will take to beat GGG, and Loma is'nt it. It will take a grindy inside fighter who can smother GGG's power and keep GGG out of his comfort zone at midrange. Loma likes to fight in what would be GGG's wheel house and while Loma's head will be hard to find, I don't see GGG having any issues finding a home for his absolutely brutal body punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Lets just say Lomenchecko brought the same arsenal up to 160, does he have the style/craft to school GGG? Personally I love this style match up, both have good footwork and fundamentals. Of course speed (Lomencheko) would be a huge factor but power and timing (GGG) can change that.

Anyways, whos style do you feel would be more dominate?
                  Golovkin can't effectively fight going backwards; Lomachenko can. Pretty much, end of story.

The moment a shark stops swimming, it's dying

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    Crazy matchup to think about lol. Won't go to deep as I've stated on mulitple occasions what I think it will take to beat GGG, and Loma is'nt it. It will take a grindy inside fighter who can smother GGG's power and keep GGG out of his comfort zone at midrange. Loma likes to fight in what would be GGG's wheel house and while Loma's head will be hard to find, I don't see GGG having any issues finding a home for his absolutely brutal body punching.

I agree with the bolded, someone needs a sustained body attack to beat Loma. He is very open mid combo but you cant cut or swell easy which I think could be a big problem for GGG with a guy thatll pepper your face from various angles. It would be a war of attrition.

Comment

Working...
                    X