Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more Mayweather needs to do to be serious candidate for GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    You can point to a Leonard weakness that plays into the hands of a Floyd strength?
    OK for me a major strength of leonard was his jab so i think mayweather would take this from him with pullcounters...also srl could be wild when punching which plays into floyd who is UNDOUBTEDLY more accurate...

Look thats my opinion for me resume is floyds greatest let down apart from that a collection of his ACCURACY,DEFENSE,FITNESS,MENTAL AND ALL ROUND DEDICATION PUTS HIM ARGUABLY AMONGST THE GREATEST FIGHTERS OF ALL TIME

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
      OK for me a major strength of leonard was his jab so i think mayweather would take this from him with pullcounters...also srl could be wild when punching which plays into floyd who is UNDOUBTEDLY more accurate...

Look thats my opinion for me resume is floyds greatest let down apart from that a collection of his ACCURACY,DEFENSE,FITNESS,MENTAL AND ALL ROUND DEDICATION PUTS HIM ARGUABLY AMONGST THE GREATEST FIGHTERS OF ALL TIME
      I would argue it's going to be hard to pull-counter an already hard, fast, accurate and just overall tremendous jab when you're at a 3 inch reach disadvantage against an opponent who likes to plant his feet and box. If Leonard was a fighter who applied consistent pressure or he was a smaller boxer, I can see it. Leonard is neither however.

To put it into perspective Leonard landed on the defensive wizard Benitez consistently, I don't mind an arguement that Mayweather defensively is better than Benitez. That is reasonable, however he's not leagues better than Benitez that Leonard's jab can go from landing consistently to being completely neutralised.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I would argue it's going to be hard to pull-counter an already hard, fast, accurate and just overall tremendous jab when you're at a 3 inch reach disadvantage against an opponent who likes to plant his feet and box. If Leonard was a fighter who applied consistent pressure or he was a smaller boxer, I can see it. Leonard is neither however.

To put it into perspective Leonard landed on the defensive wizard Benitez consistently, I don't mind an arguement that Mayweather defensively is better than Benitez. That is reasonable, however he's not leagues better than Benitez that Leonard's jab can go from landing consistently to being completely neutralised.
        No doubt he would still because srl is 1 of the greatest so im not implying it would be a cakewalk for floyd i think he beats leonard but he might overwhelm floyd 50/50 fight

I do think floyd belongs in that company

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
          No doubt he would still because srl is 1 of the greatest so im not implying it would be a cakewalk for floyd i think he beats leonard but he might overwhelm floyd 50/50 fight

I do think floyd belongs in that company
          I can see it at around 135 but, Welterweight greats are just a step too far in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
            We all know how high is Floyd on himself, but in your eyes, how much more he has to achieve to have arguments to put himself over or at least equal to guys like Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Henry Armstron, Sam Langford (I don't know who else can be among those, I won't pretend to know boxing history that well).
            He said he has 5 more fights left in him after Cotto, can you put together 5 fight resume that could raise him to level of those Greatest that ever lived?
            .................................................. ................ LOTS... and not even then,

Comment

There's not enough great fighters on his resume or fighting near his weight class for him to be considered The Greatest of all Time, plus his ducking of Pacquaio eliminates him from any consideration for that mythical title. Truly great fighters fight the greatest of their time not look for any excuse to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by allupnem View Post
                There's not enough great fighters on his resume or fighting near his weight class for him to be considered The Greatest of all Time, plus his ducking of Pacquaio eliminates him from any consideration for that mythical title. Truly great fighters fight the greatest of their time not look for any excuse to avoid them.
                His name was Charley Burley.

Comment

One name: Wladimir Klitschko.

When he beats that; goat.

Comment

Can't happen, but he can maybe get into the top 20 with a win over Martinez + Pacquiao, and some solid wins like: Khan, Alexander, Berto, Bradley or something :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
                      We all know how high is Floyd on himself, but in your eyes, how much more he has to achieve to have arguments to put himself over or at least equal to guys like Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Henry Armstron, Sam Langford (I don't know who else can be among those, I won't pretend to know boxing history that well).
                      He said he has 5 more fights left in him after Cotto, can you put together 5 fight resume that could raise him to level of those Greatest that ever lived?
                      IMO, he's already there or very close.

Comment

Working...
                      X