No announcement yet.

Mayweather was handed a chance against Hernandez for the 130 lineal title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    I see people here talking nonsense about Golovkin being handled titles.

Using that logic, I want to know what did Floyd Mayweather jr do to get a chance for the lineal 130 lb title against Hernandez. At that point Floyd had beaten all bums with no record. He was 17-0 and ALL were bums. But real bums. Look at their records. And don't talk to me about him looking special in fights cuz so does GGG. And don't talk to me about having a great amateur career with a medal at the olympics cuz do so did GGG.

And then some of you stupid Mayweather fans have the balls to say that Floyd wasn't handled anything... that he had a rough path. Then what about GGG? Tell me another joke please you ignorant fools!
    Mayweather has never won, accepted, or been offered a vacant title. He won his titles by beating the lineal champion in every weight class he's been in, your comparison is ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Mayweather has never won, accepted, or been offered a vacant title. He won his titles by beating the lineal champion in every weight class he's been in, your comparison is ridiculous!
      yea yea yea... GGG should have not accepted the WBC and WBA belts because the other cowards vacated... assh'ole.

Comment

yea yea yea... GGG should have not accepted the WBC and WBA belts because the other cowards vacated... assh'ole.
        Except my point is valid and the truth whereas you on an emotional rollercoaster making up sh-t as you go! By now you should know your thread has bombed so I guess you in Plan B, attack anyone who points out that you are an idiot!

Comment

Why should he weaken himself into 157 or so for a guy that is already heavier than him? that's not a CW, that's a cheat. CWs are to even things out, not to give even more advantage to the heavier guy. Couldn't you think this by yourself?
          So if a bigger guy can make 157 then shouldn't the smaller guy also make it?

Comment

I see people here talking nonsense about Golovkin being handled titles.

Using that logic, I want to know what did Floyd Mayweather jr do to get a chance for the lineal 130 lb title against Hernandez. At that point Floyd had beaten all bums with no record. He was 17-0 and ALL were bums. But real bums. Look at their records. And don't talk to me about him looking special in fights cuz so does GGG. And don't talk to me about having a great amateur career with a medal at the olympics cuz do so did GGG.

And then some of you stupid Mayweather fans have the balls to say that Floyd wasn't handled anything... that he had a rough path. Then what about GGG? Tell me another joke please you ignorant fools!
            I've read your thread and all of the comments that have followed. It seems to me that you're subtly trying to siht on Floyd and justify GGG's caliber of opponents. However to me it seems your comparison// argument should be about K2 and TR as they are the ones who are and were responsible for getting fights for their fighters. If GGG is not getting the opportunities you feel Floyd was given, that falls on his promoter as it is K2's responsibility to get him those opportunities. Be it by moving up in weight for the opportunity, taking less money for the opportunity, or giving into an opponents weight demands for the opportunity. All this falls square on K2. That's who I feel you should be mad at IMO. K2 are the ones that continue to do GGG a disservice by matching him with less than formidable opposition to prove his greatness. He could have fought Ward but to the non biased its obvious K2 avoided the fight. He could have called Canelo's bluff regarding weight but K2 chose to not make a sacrifice regarding weight . mind you it was less of a sacrifice than they were willing to make to fight Floyd. And they could match him against Lara but K2 seems to have no interest in thatto fight. Those are 3 opportunities K2 had (2 they still have) to allow GGG to silence his critics and raise his profile yet they continuing to entertain total mismatches like trying to fight Ramirez at 168. IMO GGG wins 2 of the 3 opportunities he's be given but to me it seems K2 does not want him to be challenged or to even be in a difficult fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
              So if a bigger guy can make 157 then shouldn't the smaller guy also make it?
              Not necessarily. If the smaller guy is older and can't cut so much weight for example. Or is the smaller guy is not using diuretics, laxants or any other possible illegal method to cut weight.

Comment

• This just sad

Comment

Not necessarily. If the smaller guy is older and can't cut so much weight for example. Or is the smaller guy is not using diuretics, laxants or any other possible illegal method to cut weight.
                  gg was handed a chance at the 168 lineal title

Comment

• Mayweather himself said that Genaro give him a chance when he didn't have to, and he always seemed grateful about it, i think that boxing should do that these days, prospects are fighting bums after 20 fights, Mayweather dare for greatness when he was a hungry young fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      gg was handed a chance at the 168 lineal title

via GIPHY

Comment

Working...
                      X