Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Ramirez or Jose Luis Castillo? Who's ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Castillo a bit higher than Ramirez. Head to head match up would be very close but I think i'd say Castillo is marginally better.

Ramirez career is one where most of his opponents were pretty low quality but mixed in with them he fought most of the very best lightweights that fought in the 80s and they were a very high quality bunch too. The only problem for Ramirez is that, at least officially, he lost more of them than he won. I suppose that because both Ramirez and Castillo had significant fights that were close then how you score those fights would make a big difference to who you would rank higher. However I personally think Castillo comes out slightly ahead again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      How do you guys think they would favor if they switched eras and Castillo was in the 80s and Ramirez was in the early 2000s?
      I think the 80's era was slightly tougher but Castillo would have faired well. Has anyone have any comment on Mancini Win over Jose. Did he just outwork his more experienced foe?

Comment

Working...
      X