No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo: My Heart Pulls For Chavez, I Think Martinez Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Alfredo "Perro" Angulo was a recent guest on The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show. The former interim WBO junior middleweight champion is looking forward to the upcoming showdown between WBC middleweight kingpin Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sergio Martinez, which takes place on September 15th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. When I asked Angulo who he thought would win the fight he responding by saying that he was torn.

[Click Here To Read More]
    I think Angulo isn't as bad as people made him out to be after being destroyed by Kirkland. He's thinking pretty logically here.

Comment

dont think so perro, u see perro the world isnt at a standstill as many would like to beleive, 2 yrs ago id say yes sergio beats him and easily, now afters chavez last 2 no way, and im taking into account sergois last 2,personally I beleive sergio is a tremendous fighter with weaknesses and many exploitable flaws, but he finds a way to win, hed ko mayweather in less than five rounds and pacman in 3 or less, those guys just too small for him his power and speed is tremendous, but chavez jr isnt pavlik or williams at this point hes far more dangerous , most dont see it but i sure do, hes going to beat martinez period, too much chavez offesne for sergios loose defense , the mexican heart and warrior spirit is superior, theres too much on the line for Chavez Jr to lose to that puszy.........

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I was favoring Chavez and then I saw a video of Martinez on the mitts recently on Boxing Scene. He was so fast and hit so hard that I changed my pick to Martinez but I still hope Chavez wins. Martinez is aging really well. He seems stronger, faster and better than he was 10 years ago which is against the laws of nature.
        keep in mind chavez sr beat the fastest undefeated pound for pound number 1 at the time with timing , speed isnt everthing it often is but well placed punches and timing beats speed....

Comment

Its gonna be an exciting fight. But I am very curious to see how Jr. will deal with Martinez straight left. At this point Martinez has proven he can be in fast paced pressure fight(Williams), so the unknowns, at least for me, is how well Jr. can deal with the speed,power, and conditioning that Martinez will bring. One of the weak spots for Martinez is his body and Jr. does work very well to the body.

Comment

Working...
          X