Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I know exactly what a strawman is, and the first time you accused me of this, I proved over and over it wasn't.
    Then you still don't know what one is.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Your problem is you cannot have a serious, open minded discussion about anything as you have proven in conversations with me, Noose, Reed and everyone else you argue with here.
    I can, and I have.

However this topic is about faith, mine specifically it appears. SO in that instance I am indeed not going to come across as open-minded. Of course this is not a debate, as I've said many, many, many times. I'm being asked questions about my beliefs and I'm providing answers. For some reason Noose refuses to accept said answers and wants an argument, however.

Nothing I said was wrong, he interjected "god" into the discussion and if you know anything about debate, you don't get to put your conclusion in the premise.
    He didn't do that.

I'm not going to discuss god's nature seriously, until you give me evidence of it's existence. He asked me "Do you understand god?", it's a loaded question to say the least.

It's like me asking, "Do you understand unicorns?"
    Then why are you continuing to participate in this thread, which is about God's nature?

We used to have decent discussions, but you have become the most annoying **** (for my UK friends ) in this place and it's not even close.
    We still can. I'm not the one who stoops to insults and name-calling when someone disagrees with me.

We were doing ok, and I thought the hatchet was buried. Then I disagreed with you on something (I cant recall right now) and you went off on me instead of replying in a rational fashion. And here we stand.

I really have no issues with you, it's just you get VERY offended and tend to freak out when anyone has the gall to disagree with you.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
      Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      I can, and I have.

However this topic is about faith, mine specifically it appears. SO in that instance I am indeed not going to come across as open-minded. Of course this is not a debate, as I've said many, many, many times. I'm being asked questions about my beliefs and I'm providing answers. For some reason Noose refuses to accept said answers and wants an argument, however.
      The topic of this thread is "Can anyone knowledgeable in the Bible confirm this." We are not talking about god's nature, rather the nature of the character in the bible that you call god. If you are going to ask me about "god", then you need to show me evidence this being exists.

Do you know Harry Potter's nature?

He didn't do that.
      Yes he did

Then why are you continuing to participate in this thread, which is about God's nature?
      The nature of a character in a 3,000 year old book.

We still can. I'm not the one who stoops to insults and name-calling when someone disagrees with me.
      That's hilarious, I quoted the very first time you insulted me showing you started the name calling. Dude, you are a hypocrite of the highest order. It's just the internet, relax. You think we are debating for real. You give no concessions even when people link the points they are making.

I bet you are a real pain in the ass in real life...lol Read the links, open your mind, relax, smoke a joint if need be, we are just having fun and disussing things. You can't win this god argument because unfortunately for you "faith" isn't a valid point for a discussion.

We were doing ok, and I thought the hatchet was buried. Then I disagreed with you on something (I cant recall right now) and you went off on me instead of replying in a rational fashion. And here we stand.

I really have no issues with you, it's just you get VERY offended and tend to freak out when anyone has the gall to disagree with you.
      Offended? I don't give a **** what you say, If I did I would do what you do and follow you around like a puppy dog everywhere you go like you do with me. You want me to give you link after link of you quoting me, following me everywhere I go even when I ignored you?

The one who gets offended is you, I have tried my hardest to avoid you because you have fallen into the category of the rest of these dumbasses in that you can no longer have a decent discussion. I don't agree with many people here, and don't go through this drama...lol

You can't be wrong, you refuse to be wrong and your best tactic is diverting the conversation away from the point you are losing on. It's your best tactic, and we have all seen it over and over.

When you try and justify the god in the Bible, I have nothing else to go on but the Bible. When we quote the Bible, you say (like all the other Christians) we don't understand it, we don't get it, it's being taken out of context etc...

I asked a simple question which you guys avoided a million times, why can non believers not understand the Bible the way believers do? It was a simple question I still haven't gotten a response for.

Comment

Jeeezus your dense. How can I answer a question about something that doesn't exist?
        So you are saying that you may understand something that does or does not exist.... Pwned!!!

You better give up on this kind of stand, Since you neither have the acumen to answer a simple question quickly. ( without the help of you almighty Google search).

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET SON!

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          So you are saying that you may understand something that does or does not exist.... Pwned!!!

You better give up on this kind of stand, Since you neither have the acumen to answer a simple question quickly. ( without the help of you almighty Google search).

lol
          Not at all, what I'm saying is that I'm understanding the character that is written in the Bible, because that's all we have to go on when it comes to the Christian god.

See, Christians say that they don't worship a book, but you do. Because if the Bible didn't exist, then you wouldn't have a god to worship. The idea of Jesus as divine, came from the Bible (even though Muslims would argue that point but that's another argument).

When you ask me if I understand god, it's a loaded question. If you ask me if I understand the god of the Hebrew Bible, then yes, I believe I do. I'm not a Biblical scholar, but you don't have to be to get the general outline of the concept of Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

lol
            Oh snap.........first Reed got

now Cuah is getting got???

How are the religious winning this????

Comment

You are rationalizing this in a way that is comical at this point. Like Cleto said, "he's not jealous, he's just angry that someone replaced him".

THAT IS JEALOUSY!.....hahahaha

The reason we find it funny is because you would think that an all powerfull, all knowing god wouldn't be hindered by basic human emotions like jealousy. That's all we were pointing out. Just one of many things that don't make any sense in the Bible.

So would you tolerate your wife cheating on you with another guy?

I see nothing wrong with someone being held accountable (when it comes to honoring their agreed upon commitment).

However atheist will always find something to cry about

Comment

Do you know Harry Potter's nature?
                Nope, but that's a non sequitur anyway.

The nature of a character in a 3,000 year old book.
                You didn't address my point.

But you continue to prove it.

That's hilarious, I quoted the very first time you insulted me showing you started the name calling....
                You've been doing it long before, and with alot of other people besides me. I did it ONCE, to you. One time. And I apologized and stopped. You continue on, even as we speak now.

I bet you are a real pain in the ass in real life...lol Read the links, open your mind, relax, smoke a joint if need be, we are just having fun and disussing things. You can't win this god argument because unfortunately for you "faith" isn't a valid point for a discussion.
                I do fine in real life. My wife must think I'm ok, she hasn't left me. My job must think the same, I've been here almost 20 years now. My friends I've had in some cases for decades must like me too. Go figure.

As to 'winning', again, this is not a debate. It's nothing more than a question and answer session for me. I've stated this many times. Keep up.

Offended? I don't give a **** what you say...
                Obviously you do, as you're engaging in discussion with me as we speak.

...the rest of these dumbasses...
                Thanks again for proving another of my points. Much appreciated.

You can't be wrong, you refuse to be wrong and your best tactic is diverting the conversation away from the point you are losing on.
                Again, this is about my faith. It's not debate.

And I'm not diverting at all. I keep answering the same questions over and over and over....

When you try and justify the god in the Bible, I have nothing else to go on but the Bible. When we quote the Bible, you say (like all the other Christians) we don't understand it, we don't get it, it's being taken out of context etc...
                I said nothing of the sort. I simply explained what happened in regards to the flood and what my beliefs are.

I asked a simple question which you guys avoided a million times, why can non believers not understand the Bible the way believers do? It was a simple question I still haven't gotten a response for.
                I've never expressed that opinion, so I'm not sure why you're saying that to me.

Comment

See, Christians say that they don't worship a book, but you do.
                  Wow, just wow.

No wonder you're a master of the strawman fallacy. You just make things up to fit your preconceived conclusions, biases, racism, and intolerance of others.

But keep going. Tell us what else we do that we don't do.

Comment

Not at all, what I'm saying is that I'm understanding the character that is written in the Bible, because that's all we have to go on when it comes to the Christian god.

See, Christians say that they don't worship a book, but you do. Because if the Bible didn't exist, then you wouldn't have a god to worship. The idea of Jesus as divine, came from the Bible (even though Muslims would argue that point but that's another argument).

When you ask me if I understand god, it's a loaded question. If you ask me if I understand the god of the Hebrew Bible, then yes, I believe I do.

Yet you keep coming up with rants about Jesus.... (Do you understand him?)

I'm not a Biblical scholar, but you don't have to be to get the general outline of the concept of Christianity.
                    Then what is the "general outline" of the concept of Christianity

mr. Einstein?.

Wahahaha you made me laugh so hard, I let a fart.

i'm till trying to figure out the last part though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      I said nothing of the sort. I simply explained what happened in regards to the flood and what my beliefs are.

I've never expressed that opinion, so I'm not sure why you're saying that to me.
                      Of course not, because you interjected into a conversation that had nothing to do with you. I was talking to another poster and he said that non believers cannot understand the bible like believers can. That was the question asked to me.

So I said why not. Never got an answer. It's another example of you following me around this place. Dude, let it go. You come in on my conversations, not knowing what was said and yell out strawman, and non sequitur.

Pay attention.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Wow, just wow.

No wonder you're a master of the strawman fallacy. You just make things up to fit your preconceived conclusions, biases, racism, and intolerance of others.

But keep going. Tell us what else we do that we don't do.
                      It's not a strawman and I will explain it to you even though you won't get it.

I do not believe in a god. Do you understand what that means? It doesn't mean I'm angry at god, it doesn't mean something horrible happened to me and I rejected god, it means I don't believe he/she/it exists.

So when you ask me about the nature of god, it's a nonsensical question to me. What part of that do you not understand.

So coming at this from a non believers point of view, you do worship a book because there is no god behind that book.

Let me ask you this question and hopefully (not likely) you will answer it.

If there wasn't a Bible, would you be worshiping the Christian god? If so, please explain where you would get this understanding of the Christian god if not in the Bible?

Comment

Working...
                      X