No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Explains Keys For Postol To Beat Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    Crawford's resume is beating a blown up featherweight at 135 and the all bums.

If Crawford wasn't African-American, nobody would be acting like this guy is the next Sugar Ray Leonard...

Dude has legit beaten nobody at 140.
    What?!?! No one has comparedhim to Sugar Ray Leonard, fights nothing Leonard, i believe you are the only one i have ever heard say that. I heard Pernell Whitaker with power. As far as the African American thing, anyone with speed and power getting compared to Sugar Ray is like comparing every Black QB WHO CAN RUN to Mike Vick stop with that BS. If Crawford were white hed already be in halloffame and selling out PPV

Comment

I don't see anything special in Postol.

I think Crawford has more facets to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Honestly I have no idea where this Crawford hype is coming from and why people have him in their top 10 P4P. I mean he's a good fighter, but nothing more. Not from what he's shown so far anyway.

Postol beats Crawford no problem. Easier than he beat Matthysse.
        So why doesn't Roach just say they'll take the fight whatever rather than already saying "they'll have to pay us extra money to fight in Crawford's hometown...yada, yada.

Just take the fight whatever and be the man at 140(on the TR-GB side). Then he can make all the demands he wants.

Comment

Honestly I have no idea where this Crawford hype is coming from and why people have him in their top 10 P4P. I mean he's a good fighter, but nothing more. Not from what he's shown so far anyway.

Postol beats Crawford no problem. Easier than he beat Matthysse.
          Seriously? You need to re-watch the tapes on Crawford. If you can't see that this guy is a legitimate world-class talent, then you just haven't seen much boxing. I'd give Crawford the edge in a Postol fight, but this is a damn good match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by dnash1911 View Post
            What?!?! No one has comparedhim to Sugar Ray Leonard, fights nothing Leonard, i believe you are the only one i have ever heard say that. I heard Pernell Whitaker with power. As far as the African American thing, anyone with speed and power getting compared to Sugar Ray is like comparing every Black QB WHO CAN RUN to Mike Vick stop with that BS. If Crawford were white hed already be in halloffame and selling out PPV
            I agree with the Pernell with power comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
              So why doesn't Roach just say they'll take the fight whatever rather than already saying "they'll have to pay us extra money to fight in Crawford's hometown...yada, yada.

Just take the fight whatever and be the man at 140(on the TR-GB side). Then he can make all the demands he wants.
              I don't know why you pay any attention to what Roach says. You must have realised by now he's got a few loose ones upstairs.

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              Seriously? You need to re-watch the tapes on Crawford. If you can't see that this guy is a legitimate world-class talent, then you just haven't seen much boxing. I'd give Crawford the edge in a Postol fight, but this is a damn good match-up.
              I'm sorry but getting outboxed by a 5'5 chinny feathweight in Gamboa doesn't impress me, neither does KOing him. Gamboa is clearly a good fighter (a better one than Crawford for sure), but the difference in size was just ridiculous, Crawford is 2 maybe 3 weight classes bigger than Gamboa.

And that's really the only good win on Crawford's resume. I don't consider Dulorme anything above C level and even he was outboxing Crawford for 5 rounds, luckily for him, Dulorme's chin is also made of wet paper.

There's nothing special about Crawford.

Comment

I don't know why you pay any attention to what Roach says. You must have realised by now he's got a few loose ones upstairs.

I'm sorry but getting outboxed by a 5'5 chinny feathweight in Gamboa doesn't impress me, neither does KOing him. Gamboa is clearly a good fighter (a better one than Crawford for sure), but the difference in size was just ridiculous, Crawford is 2 maybe 3 weight classes bigger than Gamboa.

And that's really the only good win on Crawford's resume. I don't consider Dulorme anything above C level and even he was outboxing Crawford for 5 rounds, luckily for Crawford his chin is also made of wet paper.

There's nothing special about Crawford.
                There's nothing special about Postol, either. He scored his first ever B-level win in Matthysse. Let's wait until he gets another good win before we hype him.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  There's nothing special about Postol, either. He scored his first ever B-level win in Matthysse. Let's wait until he gets another good win before we hype him.
                  That Matthysse win is far better than anything on Crawford's resume. And nobody is hyping Postol up anywhere near as much as Crawford.

Comment

That Matthysse win is far better than anything on Crawford's resume. And nobody is hyping Postol up anywhere near as much as Crawford.
                    That's because like I said, Postol just got his first good win after being in relative obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      That's because like I said, Postol just got his first good win after being in relative obscurity.
                      Yes and he's getting his due credit for the win. I don't see anybody overhyping him or putting him in a their top 10 P4P, even though he's already achieved more than Crawford despite only recently breaking onto the scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X