No announcement yet.

Mayweather Mitt work all shallow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    You see there you go with the insults, its all you do once you get defensive!
    I'm not posting pics of me on here because that will just set off the morons who demean fighters when their down and hurt.
    I've worked with top contenders and world champions at my gym and have worked in world championship bouts all over the world. Because I'm not all over the net because it was done prior to the net and YOU being born hahahaha doesn't mean it didn't happen!! As I said instead of learning about boxing from someone who is willing to share their experiences you feel threatened because of my confirmation on the subject. Enough from you, best to you as you move along in the boxing world! Ray
    Not defensive at all, just tired of trolls. Provide work or stop trolling.

Comment

A couple of things. Anyone who questions the value of that style of pad work has probably never done it. Also Floyd on the heavy bag, most of the time he is trying to protect his hands or just work on stamina.

It's not always pitty pat, at times the speed is varied as is the power and distance of the punching.

I'm trying to find Floyd working the bag in preparation for Gatti. You can see him doing it totally different to what you have seen recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        .............talking about Mitt work here and techniques! Methods and techniques applied to Mitt work!
        I saw him box when he was 11yrs old, I handled fighters who foughtFloyd Sr. and Roger in the amatuers and the pros and the entire Mayweather Family hahahaha not much anyone here can tell me about them!
        How about yourself? Do you have any personal experiences with them?? Ray
        I'm not a big Mayweather fan but I respect him as a boxing champion and what he has done for boxing. I thnk they only show us the tip of the iceberg. Yes....including the mitts pad work. Surely they would do a reslistic pad drills with real punches at times behind the scene but not showing it here because they don't wanna show too much on open session which I can understand. I think this is just for the media and fans. And the bag work is more like a rehersal of what he has in mnd. It's looks more like light punching shadow boxing on the bag, if that's make any sense in English language..hahaha! Surely that's not how he is been doing normal bag work. Mr. Corso said it himself. He knows the family that many years, but he's never seen him doing bag work. Indeed after watching this video. I say the samething myself. I still haven't seen him doing bag work cos this is no bag work..hahahaha!!
        Last edited by Live2box; 12-28-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          A couple of things. Anyone who questions the value of that style of pad work has probably never done it. Also Floyd on the heavy bag, most of the time he is trying to protect his hands or just work on stamina.

It's not always pitty pat, at times the speed is varied as is the power and distance of the punching.

I'm trying to find Floyd working the bag in preparation for Gatti. You can see him doing it totally different to what you have seen recently.
          This was training for the Gatti fight...

Amazing how he was throwing that stiff jab and talking about how he'd use that exact jab against Mosley back in '05. Ripping heavy shots on the bag toward the end.

Last edited by deejd; 12-28-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Terrible work in that second clip. He even starts dancing in-between pity-patting the heavy bag. A professional dance choreographer can even argue that he's not even dancing hard enough. He's just reinforcing bad habits. No way could he win fights practicing that way.

Comment

Yep. This only for the fans and media. But they'll do the real thing behind the scene.

Comment

The only thing they do behind the scenes is sparring, you very rarely see videos of that on YouTube.

Everything else is pretty much on there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  The only thing they do behind the scenes is sparring, you very rarely see videos of that on YouTube.

I still remember Mayweather said in an interview that they had over 600 tapes of sparring sessions. Once he retires for good, I hope he releases some of that footage.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

OK...fair enough. At least they can afford to pay for human punhcing bags..lol! The slowest sparring partner is still a 100 times better than the stationary bag if you can get to let go your power on them, without constantly getting hit with power shots back in return..lol! Or guys dumb enough to constantly take punishments day in and day out..lol! This is not a dig at Mayweather's camp. Just jeolous cos we don't have the money to do the same..lol!
                    Last edited by Live2box; 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I dont know how there can be any question on if his training is effective. It may not work for everyone but it works for him. Its not as if the padwork is the only thing he does and he doesnt solely do it in that one flashy style either thats just what gets put on 24/7 more often.

Hes had his dad and uncle train him his entire life without ever replacing them for some famous top name trainer. If it aint broke dont fix it. I think people are too quick to swap trainers after they lose once.

Comment

Working...
                      X