No announcement yet.

Im very impressed with Tyson Fury..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Yup, there was a big difference with the lack of Peter Fury in tonight's fight, Pete is the guy who grounds Fury and keeps him to the gameplan, without him he reverted to how he used to fight.

At the end of round 1, he would have gotten a telling to from Pete "Stop playing around in there and listen to me, stay focused, get behind your jab and don't let this guy dictate the pace"

something like that, and Tyson listens to Pete, who kept him on a short reign against Johnson (who imo is at least as good at H/W as Cunningham) and made sure the fight went exactly according to plan.

But yeah he got by without him, but next time he wont be so wreckless.
    Interesting insight mate.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      blah blah blah

Comment

He's big bum, I'm sorry man. That dude is all talk.

Comment

Did I touch a nerve there?

Difference is, you're a fan of Fury and you truly believe in him. I regard both Price & Fury as good but limited boxers, I do not care for where their careers go. Is it really a good idea to use a picture like that after Fury just got dropped by a cruiserweight, who was actually leading at the time of the stoppage too.

You keep saying about Peter Fury and Fury's age, as if because he's young that it's a given he'll develop into something much greater. What about if Fury's ceiling has already been discovered? Think about how poor he looked pre-Uncle P, the controversial win over a slob like John McDermott and now he's beating gatekeepers - that's good progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Everyone knew Cunningham was quicker and sharper than Fury, and that he'd look good early like always. What's the issue?
            Well getting outlanded constantly due to having basically zero defence. There was no real gameplan there. He was just walking and clubbing for quite large portions of the fight. Cunningham had him looking clumsy at times as Fury followed. There was one time Fury ripped to the body, and a couple of jab-right hand combos that were good but they weren't as prevalent as they should have been. It wasn't a case of just "landing" Cunningham snapped his head back often, there wasn't much rolling with the punches or any sort of damage limitation.

Would Haye vs Fury be a fair contest?

Yes

Why not Cunningham then?

Because he wasn't too small, he just wasn't good enough.
            Haye is a better heavyweight than Cunningham. Haye has much more explosive power that would genuinely hurt Fury more than Cunningham was capable of. Fury would be reluctant to press Haye due to the precise right hands he'd receive in return.

He used his size and MOBILITY to muscle inside on cunningham and take him out

again, what's the problem?
            Mobility?

Yeah he did use his size and muscle and that's the reason he won the fight. He fought a losing fight while winning the war of attrition. Cunningham obviously wasn't going to be able to take the power of someone 45lbs heavier than him for too long and towards the end he began to get tired so Fury had no bother just pressing him and landing.

If he's crap, what does that make Chisora, Johnson and Cunningham
            I was being liberal with my use of "crap". Fury is an alright fighter but he just doesn't have the skills to make it to the top. I am a fan of him believe it or not, I admire his heart and his entertainment value.

Well Chisora is a good fighter and I give Tyson credit for that win. Cunningham does not belong in the HW division against fighters the size of Fury and that much is evident. What did Kevin Johnson ever really do except get outclassed by Vitali?

Comment

troubling that Cunningham could floor Fury like that. I was thinking David Price when that happened.

Comment

Did I touch a nerve there?

Difference is, you're a fan of Fury and you truly believe in him. I regard both Price & Fury as good but limited boxers, I do not care for where their careers go. Is it really a good idea to use a picture like that after Fury just got dropped by a cruiserweight, who was actually leading at the time of the stoppage too.

You keep saying about Peter Fury and Fury's age, as if because he's young that it's a given he'll develop into something much greater. What about if Fury's ceiling has already been discovered? Think about how poor he looked pre-Uncle P, the controversial win over a slob like John McDermott and now he's beating gatekeepers - that's good progression.
                thing is he revenged the john mcdermot issue

Comment

I think Hughie Fury is more talented than Tyson.

I just Fury he doesn't duck Kubrat Pulev, who's been waiting EIGHT months for the IBF final eliminator.

Comment

Last night was a case of Fury becoming irritated by Cunningham's movement and angles, being outjabbed by a midget etc and deciding to just march him down.
                    I think he decided to march him down before he even got into the ring. He was over-psyched, a young guy making his US debut. He really needed his trainer there to tell him to be wise. Fortunately, the KD managed to do that.

Comment

The singing was atrocious.....

Comment

Working...
                      X