No announcement yet.

What professional boxers have you talked to were they cool or unpleasant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Kelly Pavlik, Mikey Garcia and Nonito Donaire.
    Pavlik was a cool guy, was waiting in the lobby with everyone for a fight to start.
    Mikey Garcia is a really down to earth guy. Let me take a picture with him when he was with his family and talk to him with his little one strapped to his chest.
    Nonito was cool, sounded like a nice guy.... but he had body guards all over him and seemed like he was in a hurry
    I once contacted Donaire on a website and to be honest, he was a total prick. It was his verified account and it was him and he was nothing but a piece of sh't . since that day I know Donaire is all smiles when the cameras are on but he is a scumbag in real life.
    Originally posted by Cloud View Post
    A friend of mine who does some journalism met David Haye in 2010. He said Haye was a total prick and him and his entourage were very rude to people.
    I heard that too. But the guy who told me Haye is rude, was also a little bit intrusive. He saw Haye at a fight event and immediately followed him around to be part of his group, and Haye and his pple basically told him to pi_ss off.
    Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    I have always read bad things of fans meeting Chavez Sr. But, when I met him he seemed, and very humble dude. He came up to our table at a restaurant and introduced himself. It was pretty cool experience.

Ernie Shavers is another man that I met. Very nice guy, had a pleasant conversation with him.

I was a kid when I met Chicanito Hernandez but from what I remember he was nice guy very humble.
    Elie Seckbach once said in a video that Chavez Sr is not a nice guy in real life. he didnt say it directly, but it was very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
      What happened?
      The things he says and does are weird. He hates Mayweather, fights for weed money, and makes strange comments about everything. It was awesome watching him spar, though. Very entertaining....

Comment

wladimir klitschko, jan zaveck, paul delgado, denis simcic, rafal jackiewicz, christina hammer and probably more.
        first two are simply awsome guys, good jokers, ready to give photos, interviews or whatever when you meet them. paul delgado is a huge fan of portuguese soccer team.
        rafal jackiewicz wasn't that great though. i've met him in slovenia when he visited for the zaveck rematch and he acted like a total *******... he totally ignored all slovenia fans and chose to talk in polish only. good thing zaveck beat him next day...

Comment

Not personally, but people at my gym have met Oscar, Tyson, Manny, and Ward, and they say they are are really cool and nice people, especially Tyson.

If I had my choice, I would want to go out for a night of partying with Ricky Hatton in London though!!!!

Comment

met Stevie "USS" Cunningham before, very cool guy who enjoys talking boxing

my friend met Adrien Broner and Rau'shee Warren (The Ohio Fighters are all very close and support each other apparently), said both was cool

also The Russell family are cool people as well, the father Gary Russell Sr and Jr as well as little brother Gary A. Russell

but Mike Tyson was kind of a A$$HOLE and extremely intimidating, you have to catch him in a good mood I guess

Comment

I met Sugar Shane Mosely once and he was really cool!!

Comment

I saw Sugar Shane Mosley at Home Depot once. What's crazy is it was busy yet no one had recognized him yet. I didn't want to spill the beans especially since I didnt have a camera/phone on hand or anything for him to sign. He knew I recognized him and just kind of smiled and kept walking with his shopping cart.

Comment

i meet pauly at a boxing tournament with everlast. he was frustrated, looked like he wanted to gtfo of the place lol. but he was cool he was takin pictures with alot of people and was purking his lips like a guido lol.

jmm is cool as hell, great guy. i meet nacho too, he was like 'oyes aqui en estados unidos la leche engorda no tomes mucha porque subes de peso' lol

english ' hey here in the states the milk has alot of fat, dont drink too much because your going to gain weight!' lol

Comment

Amir Khan great cool guy

David Haye great cool guy

Yassine el Maachi cool cool dude

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      I have always read bad things of fans meeting Chavez Sr. But, when I met him he seemed, and very humble dude. He came up to our table at a restaurant and introduced himself. It was pretty cool experience.

Ernie Shavers is another man that I met. Very nice guy, had a pleasant conversation with him.

I was a kid when I met Chicanito Hernandez but from what I remember he was nice guy very humble.
                      I've met Chavez Sr a few times. He "lived" (as in had a house) a few houses away from my uncle and whenever we saw him he'd be "pleasant" and crack jokes n s hit like most dudes in Culiacan do. But people he'd hire to do work, stuff like that (people who had met him on different occasions, etc) many said he was an absolute d ick. A lot of women also claim him to be a d ick...and player. So not sure how to take that lol.

On a side note, I've also met Floyd once. He seemed chill and mellow, cracked some jokes too. Then again...a camera wasn't around soooo.... His d-bag was turned off I guess.

I've met Tyson like 3 times as well in Phoenix. He recognized me in a best buy since I had met him the day before. I thought I was the s hit for like 2 years cuz of that. <__<...
                      Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X