No announcement yet.

For all you hating on Canelo (mush)..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    He receives a lot of criticism because he has a title and is ranked high in his division despite facing average opposition.
    To be fair though, most of the top fighters at 154 haven't faced each other... yet. His belt is BS though.

Comment

I used to like Canelo, but since he is basically just fight bums and they handed him a title for it, as a fan of boxing, I feel cheated. With a title, you should be a top level fighter and fighting other top level fighters, which Canelo isn't. A totally shot Shane Mosley is probably going to be the toughest fighter he has faced so far and the key words here are "totally shot". If he would be defending his title against the top level fighters in his weight class, I would have more respect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        He's had 40 fights and is a world champion. Maybe if he didn't shamelessly win a belt against an unranked opponent he would get less crap about his opposition.
        Originally posted by Metta View Post
        Bad example on Pacquiao. Pacquiao actually has defeated a LINEAL champion at the age of 19.
        Who was the lineal champ that PAC beat at 19? And for u complaining about the belt that canelo won put yourself in his position would u say no thanks Oscar I'm not ready for a title shot? Gtfoh!

Comment

Kazuto Ioka and Adrien Broner>>>>Canelo.

To be fair though, not sure if they're 21. I just know that they're young and around that age.

Chavez Jr is older. But, I don't care. Chavez jr>>>>>Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Who was the lineal champ that PAC beat at 19? And for u complaining about the belt that canelo won put yourself in his position would u say no thanks Oscar I'm not ready for a title shot? Gtfoh!
            Sasakul, better than any win Canelo has right now.

Comment

Y'all have to remember the kid is only 21 fooken years old! He is very young and has a lot of fight left. Ask
              Yourself this who was floyd fighting at 21? Who was PAC fighting at 21? Name one 21 year old fighter who wad elite at that age? There arent manny. I'm not too fond of the kid but I'm smart enough to see that he has the tools to be a big fish in a small pond and I know it's something that takes time. HR has slowly stepped up in competition.
              Canelo is a hypejob period...He will NEVER be great, cuz he doesnt have the tools...for example, Broner fights bums(he's the same age), just like Canelo, but Broner has the tools...we're just waiting for him to be tested with a legit opponent, and he will have the chance to show what he can do...Canelo is different...he has no talent, no skills, cant make adjustments....they put him in their with bums for a reason, and alfonso gomez is shot, and exposed him..that was a shame...a prime alfonso, shouldnt be able to do that good against ANY elite fighter...Canelo is a kid that needs to go away...he's arrogant, and he thinks he is the best, he thinks Floyd is fighting Cotto, because Cotto is slower, older, and less skilled than he is...when in actuality, Cotto would humiliate the kid and knock em out in 6 rounds..Canelo is a nuisance
              Last edited by MurkaMan; 03-31-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

You don't know Sasakul? That's a legit Champ right there.
                In fact, Pac is already 2 division champ at the age of 21.

Comment

Y'all have to remember the kid is only 21 fooken years old! He is very young and has a lot of fight left. Ask
                  Yourself this who was floyd fighting at 21? Who was PAC fighting at 21? Name one 21 year old fighter who wad elite at that age? There arent manny. I'm not too fond of the kid but I'm smart enough to see that he has the tools to be a big fish in a small pond and I know it's something that takes time. HR has slowly stepped up in competition.
                  both were LEGIT world champions...didnt win a vacant belt.both beat the "man" in their divisions at 21 floyd and manny were lineal by 21

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Sasakul, better than any win Canelo has right now.
                    Exactly..........

Comment

Originally posted by titan.cronus View Post
                      I not sure why people hate Canelo but I can tell you why i dislike him at this point, Yes he won a slice of the title, but is the hype that surrounds him, let the kid show us against a top level opponent what he can do. Same type of hype happened with jorge linares and victor ortiz.
                      Ortiz fought the best, quit playing...he had some wins, and some losses, but rose when he beat undefeated Berto...this kid was an espn prospect with a great olympic background, dont compare him to canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X