Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear something up with me about ND's from drug tests and second tests clearing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear something up with me about ND's from drug tests and second tests clearing

Alright, so I was reading up on the Soliman situation and his rematch with Sturm

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/boxi...-1226870113864

Evidently after he got the fight changed to a No Decision/Content, he had his B sample tested ou the U.S (I think the A sample was in Germany where it was tested positive) and it returned negative.

IBF have recognized this and that's why he's the mandatory again to the IBF belt.

So if they accept the B sample as negative, what does that do with the NC? Just leave it at that?

He's apparently also suing the testing site for effing up the testing.

if the B sample comes back negative, i think its criminal to keep it as a no contest, should be W.

same thing happened when saldio fought guerrero.

Comment

I think the IBF has been inconsistent. The thing is that the B sample must always be checked by the same lab that did the A sample. As I recall the situation, the US lab did NOT test for the substance that the german lab found!

Comment

It's all up to how the commission who oversees the fight rules it. Not sure how it became a NC if the B came back negative since the ruling should have been made after the B had been tested

I haven't followed this situation much but why is Soliman suing

Comment

wbc = we be crooks
          ibf = takin money from european promoters
          wbo = only recently respected
          wba = oldest belt, but probably something wrong here too

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I think the IBF has been inconsistent. The thing is that the B sample must always be checked by the same lab that did the A sample. As I recall the situation, the US lab did NOT test for the substance that the german lab found!
            Well that's some useful information.

Odd though as you thinkt htat's what they'd be looking for.... but it is a loop hole.

Where'd you see that they didn't check for it?

Comment

Working...
            X