Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight did Angel Manfredy break down crying while being interviewed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fight did Angel Manfredy break down crying while being interviewed?

It was a televised fight and Angel Manfredy wasn't boxing that night, he was just a spectator in the crowd. At one point he joined the commentators to be interviewed between rounds (or was it before the fight?).

Now he broke down in tears and couldn't stop crying when the cameras were rolling live. Uncontrollable weeping while trying to string together answers to the questions being asked. Anyone remember the fight in which this incident happened? Could be either in 2003 or 04, after losses to Burton or Weber. One of those memorable "outside the ring" moments in boxing which I only saw once live.

I heard that he had just checked NSB on his phone and when he saw Manny, Broner, and Klit delusional supporters flooding NSB with garbage threads it brought tears to his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      It was a televised fight and Angel Manfredy wasn't boxing that night, he was just a spectator in the crowd. At one point he joined the commentators to be interviewed between rounds (or was it before the fight?).

Now he broke down in tears and couldn't stop crying when the cameras were rolling live. Uncontrollable weeping while trying to string together answers to the questions being asked. Anyone remember the fight in which this incident happened? Could be either in 2003 or 04, after losses to Burton or Weber. One of those memorable "outside the ring" moments in boxing which I only saw once live.
      It was a HBO taped mini interview before one of his fights, i think it was before the Gatti fight where Angel was talking how he turned his life around from cocaine addiction after some bad car accident and trying to commit suicide in his bed when he was high.
      It was powerful and genuine stuff and it made me a fan

Comment

Working...
      X