Will Smith vs Christian Bale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Ehhhhh I don't know about that.

I'll take Daniel Day-Lewis, Denzel Washington, Sean Penn, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Brad Pitt clearly over Bale, in my opinion. Even Joaquin Phoenixor Johnny Depp are every bit as good as Bale, if not better in some cases. And Christoph Waltz is making a name for himself as well.
    Nice list.

Bale has the greater resume. No matter what some may say, Will Smith can act, the types of films he chooses to do are very suspect.

Comment

Re: Martin Lawrence or Al Pacino - who's the best actor?

Reply to Anorak's Lawrence or Pacino. I'm blocked on his friends list.

Obvious joke directed at this thread. But fails because Lawrence is a comedy/action only actor. While Will Smith has some drama/more serious films under his belt.

Lawrence has nothing like Pursuit of Happyness, 7Pounds, Ali, Enemy of the State, I Am Legend, etc. and has never worked with ATG actors like De Niro or Hackman.

Really reaching at it's best.

Comment

Christian Bale for sure although I think Will Smith is actually an underrated actor.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
          Arugably, yes. I believe Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor today

Academy Awards don't suck but they aren't the sole basis of rating an actor.

If you can't see how Bale, as an actor is head and shoulders above Smith, I don't know what to tell you.
          Academy isn't the sole basis, but how many do I need to list?

The Comparison between the two actors isn't based on their resume perse but the consensus of how posters see them based on their acting.

If you don't see why Smith cannot be pitted against Bale I don't know what to tell you.

Probably you want me to pit Penn against Bale? Duh.

Comment

Working...
          X