No announcement yet.

Floyd not fighting Margarito was a smart move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    it did damage his marketability. i dont know one casual fan who bought Hatton/Mayweather. Alot of NEW to the sport people bought De La Hoya/Mayweather. Remember, in the US, Mayweather/De La did 2.5 Million buys. Hatton/Mayweather did just 800,000. thats MORE than a significant drop. You live in McAllen right? Ask around. Ask people you see at clubs, at Buffalo Wild Wings, at whatever ****ing new club is open now because the owners just shut down, remodel and open up again ever 6 months, ask how many bought Mayweather/Hatton or even if they are interested.

thas just it tho...i think it safe to say de la hoya bought .9-1.2 mil people to tha pbf dlh fight alone, i mean even at my own work 90% of tha people i axed if they saw tha fight that monday said yea, they saw it, bought it to watch de la hoya, an were pissed as ****

bolded real talk lmfao, ill axe around...i kno off tha bat im gon get alotta people sayin is he tha guy who fought de la hoya?

Comment

Put Floyd out this talks man.. He is a joke to the Welterweight... Cotto and Margarito is fighting soon and everyone in the Welterweight Division are fighting each other while Floyd is having comedy script with the WWE and having a rematch with a Shot and Past His Prime Oscar de La Hoya...

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Cam View Post

bolded real talk lmfao
        for real though man. i used to know most of the owners of the clubs there because i did events at them and **** would die out, they would just shut down for a month, remodel, rename the club and open it up and it would be hot again. same **** in Reynosa though I stopped going cuz of some **** that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          for real though man. i used to know most of the owners of the clubs there because i did events at them and **** would die out, they would just shut down for a month, remodel, rename the club and open it up and it would be hot again. same **** in Reynosa though I stopped going cuz of some **** that happened.
          haha yea uknowwhatitiis but on tha real **** reynosa

but my point bein i honestly tihnk a dlh vs hatton fight would get a bigger draw than 800,000. floyds marketability is big, but still aint on a dlh level, so if he runnin around in tha ring against some1 like margarito, iont tihnk itll hurt his image in tha public that much to tha point itll make a dif in his enxt fight cuz he got a steady fanbase already...maybe a loss of 50,000 ppv buys/stadium would still be sold out, but no more than that

Comment

Working...
          X