Prime Kelly Pavlik vs George Groves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Kelly Pavlik vs George Groves.

Sounds interesting, who thakes it?

Would be entertaining but pavlik would walk over him late like froch did.. He might not stop him if it's at 168, but I think Pavlik would be clear winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Would be entertaining but pavlik would walk over him late like froch did.. He might not stop him if it's at 168, but I think Pavlik would be clear winner
      This is nonsense. Why do people have such a hard time accepting that Groves is class. He would put Kelly to sleep. Easy fight for Groves

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
        This is nonsense. Why do people have such a hard time accepting that Groves is class. He would put Kelly to sleep. Easy fight for Groves
        When had pavlik ever been stopped, let alone put to sleep... I'm not saying groves is bad, just that he doesn't possess the skill set to nullify pavlik's attack. Both guys would get hit a lot, I just think pavlik throws straighter shots and would get more flush hits in, plus he has the better jab

Comment

Groves is a mover, look at his Degale fight anyone who has seen Pavlik fight knows he has no answer to angles and movement Hopkins/Martinez movement confused him so badly. Great lateral movement from Groves also Pavlik looked bad at every fight above 160 even his rematch against Taylor he wasn't as good. Assuming the fight is at 168 Groves could never make 160.

Groves wins easily. Pavlik is good against come forward guys or guys who like to engage in them middle of the ring.

Comment

did pavlik ever do anything at 168? he was the man at 160

Comment

Originally posted by The Theory View Post
              Prime Kelly Pavlik vs George Groves.
              Prime Pavlik was at 160. At 160 Pavlik wins,I am not so sure how 168 suits him. I just don't see Groves coping well with the constant pressure especially as the fight moves into the later rounds.
              The pre Hopkins Pavlik had huge self belief. It took all of Hopkins know how to neutralise him. I just don't feel Groves has the same tools in the bag to do a similar number.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                Groves is a mover, look at his Degale fight anyone who has seen Pavlik fight knows he has no answer to angles and movement Hopkins/Martinez movement confused him so badly. Great lateral movement from Groves also Pavlik looked bad at every fight above 160 even his rematch against Taylor he wasn't as good. Assuming the fight is at 168 Groves could never make 160.

Groves wins easily. Pavlik is good against come forward guys or guys who like to engage in them middle of the ring.
                Groves has decent movement but he couldn't get out of the way of frochs shots down the stretch.. I think the same thing would happen vs pavlik...

Comment

Working...
                X